|Photo: A red heart hangs from a wire. "Ten Things of Thankful" is written to the left of the heart.|
This is my second week of participating in the Ten Things of Thankful event. After reading their announcements, it looks like they are gearing up to celebrate Seven Years of doing their TToT. How fun is that!!!
Thank you or the warm welcome and the comments left from my first post...I feel the love already!!!
Thinking about things that I am thankful for this week the list looks like this:
1. My family (I'm now able to be around my youngest grandson once again. I have been on strict quarantine since the 1st of March due to being extremely sick. He turned 3 months old this last Wednesday). Meet Caiden Oliver Hays.
2. The beautiful birds in the backyard. We have placed two DIY bird baths and bird feeders in the yard. I enjoy sitting and watching the Cardinals, the Blue jays and, the Doves. There are also other types of birds. They all bring a smile to my face.
3. We created a memory garden for my mom. I planted several types of flowers in it. We ventured out to Hobby Lobby last weekend and I picked up two rabbits from the Easter Clearance 80% off aisle to place in it. I'm thankful the flowers that were planted are beginning to peek through the dirt. (I thought we lost them before we placed the bricks around due to them being whacked by the weed eater). Each week, I am going to add more color. I'm in the process of making another bird feeder to put near the wheelbarrow too!
4. I'm getting my mojo back with regards to crafting. The joy of doing so had been sucked out of my last year due to a life situation...slowly, I am finding joy in crafting again. That was obvious last week when I made the Memory Album for my mom to honor her memory for Mother's Day. Here is a canvas I created a few weeks back just piddling around...the flower is a napkin.
5. I'm excited to meet new friends through blogging and social media. Only to learn that possibly we may even be cousins - even if it's distant, I love it!!! I'm very thankful for the new friendships.
6. Something I don't take for granted is life. I'm very thankful today I live and breathe. I owe all my gratitude to my Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ. (This is a glue book I made for another challenge I am in participating in called, Self-Love).
7. Journaling has been something I have done for most of my life. Never in a million years did I think it was blogging. I'm thankful a friend was very persistent with me last year to start my own blogging journey. It has opened a whole new world for me. Still a newbie at it though and I'm sure, my style isn't like many others. That's okay. That's why we are all UNIQUE!
8. Walking with my ancestors - I get excited every day when I make new connections by way of DNA matches. Just this morning, I received an email from a person on my mom's paternal lines that I don't know much about. My heart jumped up and down with excitement. I'm thankful for the family connections of total strangers.
9. Love -- I'm still navigating this one after a life situation last year. I am thankful though I know the power of forgiveness.
10. Thankfulness - there was a time I wasn't thankful for anything. I carried the chips on my shoulder and was mad at everyone because of life situations. Today, I can honestly say - - I am VERY thankful for many people and many things in life. I call those tribulations the 'stumbling blocks in life which I have turned into steppingstones".
Heart to Heart Soul Creations
#TenThingsofThankful, #TToT, #thankfulness, #life, #breath, #selfimage, #gratitude, #friendships, #reflection, #inspiration