Thursday, July 9, 2020

Thankful Thursday or Throwback Thursday - Which is It?

Hello, it has been a while since I have dropped a post due to being sick once again. Luckily for me, the tests came back negative. I am feeling a tad bit better, but still am weak with a nasty cough and wheezing. I suppose the weather change three weeks ago, sent my Environmental Asthma into orbit. I just know the symptoms I was experiencing were like none I had had before. Anyway...moving right along. 

Today is called Thankful Thursday and it is also called Throwback Thursday. I have done both. Most times leaning towards the latter of the two simply because I write a post on Friday's called, Ten Things of Thankful (TToT). 

For my post today I am going to incorporate both into my writings. I am quite thankful for Throwback Thursday's. Last year, I met an individual on My Heritage DNA matches who ended up being my 2nd cousin on my great grandfather's side. She was his brother's youngest daughter. Her name is Margaret. She is in her 70's. 

When she contacted me through MyHeritage, she asked how I was related to the Chenault lines. I told her my great grandfather was Jerome Washington Chenault. Her reply was your great grandfather was my dad's brother. I was elated! I asked her if by chance she had any photos of my great grandfather and indeed she did. 

The photos I received were priceless! You see, I had never seen photos of my great grandfather in his younger years and she had them! Talk about a treasure. I was elated. 

Today, I am very thankful for Thursday and the Throwback Thursday photos I have been given. 

My Great Grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary
Jerome Washington Chenault and Nellie Cordelia Martin

My Great Grandfather, Jerome (3rd from left) with
his brothers

My Great Grandparents with my siblings and me (I am the oldest of the 3)

John Henry (a brother), Jerome (my GG), his son, Joe Lee
and unknown man on the right-side end.

Jerome, John Henry (his brother) and
my Great Granny, Nellie Cordelia Martin

Brothers
Jerome, John Henry and, Aris

My Great Grandfather, Jerome
Yes, I am very thankful for these photographs and that Margaret had them and was willing to share them with me. Otherwise, I would have never known they even existed. 

Thankful Thursday...

What are you thankful for today? Do you have any Throwback Thursday photographs? If so - share them with me. 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)
#ThankfulThursday, #throwbackthursday, #familyties, #memories, #MyHeritage, #Ancestry, #familytrees, #homeschoolmoms, #homeschooleducators, #homeschoolactivities, #Genealogy, #DNA, #familytreeDNA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...