Sunday, February 14, 2021

Crafting and Junk Journal Pages - day 14 UBC

It's day 14 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge. Today is also Valentine's Day...with the family visiting, we put a pot of chili on the stove and I made a batch of cornbread in one of our cast iron skillets. 

Our youngest grandson turned 1 on Friday. We had his "Out of This World" birthday party on Saturday. It was freezing cold outside and today, we have snow. It's still coming down. 

Snow is a rare thing in the Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas area. We normally get the massive ice storms...I'll take snow any day though over the ice. The kids took the little guy out to experience the snow for the first time. He wasn't sure about it...they had him all bundled up his nice, thick coat, stocking hat, gloves made out of socks. They only lasted about 5-7 minutes. My son-in-law told my husband, "I don't see how you played in the snow for hours on end back in the day". LOL - - we all laughed and he and I both said, "We just did"...

After sitting with my grandson, a bit ago while he ate, I snuck off to my crafting room to get some crafting time in for a few minutes and write up today's blog for the Challenge

Looking around my room, thinking to myself if I wanted to craft or look at my family tree, I remembered that the current Junk Journal (JJ) that I have been working on now since Christmas was setting on the back desk. Two weeks ago, I got tired of seeing everything out in my room, so I put things away that I had been using. A tub of scrap ribbons. A tub of vintage embellishments. A tub of bling and pearls. A tub of lace and trims. A box of assorted napkins. Get the picture? These things were all over my room near my desk. I get a kick out of my husband when he comes into my space...his first comment is, 'where's the floor"?! I just laugh. 

I'm almost finished with this Junk Journal. But for some weird reason, the last signature always takes me forever...for those of you who craft, do you have that trouble? 

Looking through the pages I have already completed, I saw a few things I want to go back and add a thing or two here and there, but I'll do that once I finish the last signature. I also need to figure out the closure and complete the cover. My journal is thicker than I intended it to be, so another closure is going to have to be added. I have a few ideas swirling around in my thoughts. 

I just finished this page...there is no rhyme or reason to it...just a painted page with what little paint I had left on the plate. Do you see a flower? An apple? I found this to be inspirational to me, so I added the word, "INSPIRE". If the recipient wanted to journal on this page, there is still room for them to do so. 

I hear my grandson coming down the hall looking for Nonnie. He loves Nonnie's craft room. I don't let him in here much though because there are too many things that don't mix with small, curious hands. When he does come in here, I usually set things to the side and put him on my lap. We draw his hands...I have been doing this since he was a few days old. I have a year's worth of his little hands. (They are going to be a gift for his mommy one of these days...another project for another day). I always draw them right around the day he was born each month. A few of them, I have traced my hands too around his little hands. I think it would be neat for his mom to get in on the project, but she is never too keen on my ideas...LOL - guess that's why I'm the creative one in the family! <3

My handsome would like my attention, so I'm going to go for now...until tomorrow. 

What has been your inspiration today? 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020


Facebook: H2hsc2020 
Twitter: H2hsc2020 
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations 
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)


#Ultimateblogchallenge, #blogboost, #papercrafting, #junkjournals, #junkjournalpages,  #inspiration, #inthekitchen, #chiliandcornbread, inspiration, #challenges


6 comments:

  1. Nancy, I love your comment that you're husband asks about the floor in your craft room. It sounds like my husband although he's so disturbed about the clutter in my office, he shuts the door so he doesn't have to look at it. LOL

    I know where everything is in each pile, so it doesn't bother me. Most days, that is. Eventually I get tired of looking at it and it gets cleaned up but then here we go again!

    I love that you're tracing your grandson's hand. What a beautiful idea to keep them all together and create a unique gift for his mommy. That's a wonderful idea.

    Happy Valentine's Day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good morning Melissa!

      Thank you once again for reading my post and leaving me a comment.

      I laugh when my husband says something about my floor because it's like - - I don't have time when I'm in the zone to pick up every scrap piece of paper that falls there. Like you, I know where everything is...and at the same time, feel great once I'm finished with a project and everything is put back in its place and the floor is cleaned up.

      (but, I do clean the floor while crafting, just not constantly!).

      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. You should do your hands, Caiden's and Ronnie and don't forget Koda paw as well. So when he gets older he would have part of him and mommy to since he is part her dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a good idea, but probably won't for obvious reasons...

      Delete
  3. Your stories are always so heartwarming, I feel better after reading them.

    Every morning, I have personal devotions soon after awakening. During that time, I read my Bible, a women's devotional book and a brief Bible study guide. That's usually my inspiration for the day.

    Happy crafting, Nancy! The world awaits your genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Flo!

      Sorry for the delay in my reply to your comment. Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I too, have several devotions I use (not as much as I should though)...does having Inspirational Music playing in the background count? That is always a constant when I'm crafting or working on genealogy...
      Hope to hear from you again!

      Nancy

      Delete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...