Thursday, October 1, 2020

"Falling" into Place

October 1, 2020

The Ultimate Blog Challenge



Fall is upon us...with that said, I feel like I have been "falling" behind on so many things lately. I have literally taken the last two months to step back and re-evaluate life and figure out how I am going to "fall" into what it is I am destined to do with my life.

Just when I thought I had it all figured out - my health got in the way yet again. I spent most of my day today at several different doctor's appointments. Now, I am sitting at my crafting desk working on one of my 15 albums that I am creating by the first of November. I have three completed and 2 shells put together. I suppose they will all fall into place if I continue to set time aside each day without burning the midnight oil to work on them.

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. I love the aromas in the air during this time of the year. Although, my asthma and I do not see eye to eye on most of them. Things like cinnamon pinecones, fireplaces, and pumpkin spice seem to cause me to hold my breath at the first smell of them. Staying indoors when I smell campfires or even the occasional fireplaces burning in the distance. Nonetheless, I love Fall.

I am determined to participate in the UBC Challenge this month as I skipped the last one. In fact, I have skipped many things lately. Tsk, tsk, tsk

We are planning a vacation very soon. We will be making a trip up to Illinois to visit my husband's family. I hope to see the massive bucks around the lakes and corn growing tall. I will also be meeting new friends and family I have met along the way in my 'walking with the ancestors' too. For that, I am very thankful. I have made many new friendships and am looking forward to meeting them face to face - even with COVID 19 still in place. Is this ever going to go away? I sure hope it 'falls' to the wayside soon. I am saddened that it has taken a toll on so many lives and businesses. It does make my heart sad even still today.

As for 2020, I hope it falls in the category of lessons learned, and in 2021 - we all have new beginnings. That is still to be determined.

I am going to enjoy Fall and continue putting things in place in life, in my crafting creations, and in my heart. I am going to let things fall off my shoulders that I have been carrying now for some time. Especially the things I cannot change. I am not getting any younger and these burdens I am carrying are beginning to take a toll on my health. It is time to lay them all down once and for a while and walk away...

Falling into place. Piece by piece...

Here is a sneak peek of several pages in one of the albums I recently finished. It is one of the 15 I mentioned above.







Fall - are you into fall or are you just falling? 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020



Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful album! Glad yo see you back in the challenge and I can feel it that you can complete it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha!!! I have missed blogging. Just have had so many things hitting the last few months I need to step back and tackle a few things. Still overwhelmed with projects, health - -but it's all good!!! I'm looking forward to the challenge!

      Take care - and looking forward to reading your posts as always! <3

      Delete
  2. Hi Nancy,
    Your creations look beautiful and I can feel, even from their pictures, that you do put your heart into their creation.
    I am wishing you will have some fun here in this challenge. WE are are all looking forward to what you can share with us.
    Hoping you will be able to set aside some time each day to leave us a few words about how you are keeping up with everything else you are committed to doing. It will be a challenge, but there is a saying that if you want something done, give the job to someone who is busy.
    I'll be looking forward to your post tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!!! I have decided for this challenge - I am going to let my words flow instead of trying to have a theme like I have done in the past. I tried to focus on genealogy during one UBC, crafting another time and well - - even though I did accomplish the goals set forth - - I felt I still had much to speak to from a place of lived experiences that others need. Time will tell and I'm looking forward to the challenge!

      Delete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...