Saturday, October 3, 2020

Celebrate YOU!

 Day three in the Ultimate Blog Challenge

While working on the current album I am creating, I noticed there was a tag that said, "Celebrate You" among the pages. As I sat here cutting and trimming, measuring, and gluing (not in any particular order) ...ruminating on the words and content that were dancing across my mind like a congested highway, I sat quietly and sighed. Celebrate YOU...

How many of you have ever been celebrated? Are you celebrated in your home by the people who say they love and honor you? Or are you just going through the motions out of convenience? Celebrate YOU...

Today is my oldest daughter's birthday. October 3. The day she was born, we had snow on the ground in the Texas Panhandle. Well, actually - it was more like a blizzard as my parents could not make the trip to the hospital in Hale Center from Amarillo because the highway was treacherous.  Like that blustery cold day in 1986 when I celebrated your birth, today I celebrate you in my heart and in my thoughts just as much. You see, I have not seen or spoken to my daughter in 7 1/2 years. She chose to walk out of my life for reasons unbeknownst to me without any communication whatsoever. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think about her. She is a beautiful young lady with a bright future ahead of her. Regardless of the choices made, I celebrate YOU



Let me pose a question to you. How do you like to be celebrated? Quietly, reverently, with a big shebang or not at all? 

I have never been one for big hoopla’s and the spotlight on me. I recall when I was turning 14 years old, my mom and dad planned a 'surprise' birthday party for me at a small, quaint ice cream parlor. Did you read the word, surprise? Yes...it was supposed to have been a surprise anyway- but while I was work, people started arriving for my 'celebration' and someone asked me when the party was starting? I am sure I had a dumbfounded look on my face because earlier in the day I had gotten upset because nothing was planned for my birthday. Talk about feeling bad now...all along, they were going to celebrate me, I just did not know it. 

Celebrate YOU... 

Today, tomorrow, next week, or even next year - how do you want to be celebrated? 

Happy Birthday, mi lady...I love you and I celebrate YOU!

Love knows no bounds...


Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020

Twitter: H2hsc2020

Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)




#blogboost, #Ultimateblogchallenge, #thinkingoutloud, #happybirthday, #celebrations, #life, #inspiration, #hope

7 comments:

  1. I like your blog. Mother daughter relationships are so challenging sometimes..I chose to cut my mom off as I found her toxic/alcoholic. She is in her 70's now and we talk mor eoften but she her memory is not what it was. I waited too long to discuss why I did it, and honestly it really doesn't matter. Conversely My relationship with my own dd is just beginning to be repaired now that she is in her 20's. Bad divorce, younger new step mom..etc, etc, If feels like I've waited a long time to build that bridge again. BUt it happened, Keep hope it does eventually happen. And celebrate me? one on one time, a shared meal, a good conversation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Jamie...!

    Thank you for dropping me a note. As much as I hated my mother at times, she was still my mom...I suppose we all have our reasons. I hold out hope that one day my daughter will call or even grace my door step. I pray it's not too late when she does...


    There was a period in my life that I 'hated' my mom, but I could never put her away like I've been put away by my children. Makes my heart sad...

    Love your 'celebrate YOU" list!!!! good conversation and good food are great choices. What's your favorite food?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your hurting today and I love you and I am thinking of you. If you need to talk I am here. As to how I like to be celebrated with just C and D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like just a quiet celebration with family. I'm so sorry about your daughter waking out of your life but I know they family mine did the same 5 1/2 years ago. But not only did she walk away from me she wakes away from her 2 older children. She will never see all the love that her granddaughter Lia has for the world. We have to keep the faith Nancy, someday things may change. Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Martha...yes, it is quite sad the choices people make and the consequences for others in the midst of them.

      Delete
  5. Our past always follow us in whatever form so, it is better to keep it in mind with good memories.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...