Tuesday, October 6, 2020

A Day Late and a Dollar Short

 Day five in the Ultimate Blog Challenge


Day five got away from me as I had multiple doctor appointments and MRI's on the schedule. A quote I remember my dad saying through my teen years was 'a day late and a dollar short'. I think that fits my delay in posting my write up for day 5. 

Yes, because today is day six and that post will be coming shortly and as for the dollar short, I dropped close to $1000 dollars on my procedures and yes, I was a dollar short! In fact, I was more than half of it short as I was not expecting to come up with so many copays. So much for insurance where 'big' tests come into play. Between the MRI, the CT scan with contrast, X-rays, cortisone injection, and two different lab work procedures - the copays for each were unreal. Oh wait, then there were the seven prescriptions I picked up as well! 

Grammarist describes the quote as an American idiom that has been in use for many decades. An idiom is a word, group of words, or a phrase that has a figurative meaning that is not easily deduced from its original meaning. 

As I thought about the quote, 'a day late and a dollar short' - my mind immediately went to Wimpy in the Popeye cartoons. When he would tell the person he was speaking to, "I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today". That is kind of how I felt with the multiple copays. Just do them and I will pay you later...and I would have loved to have eaten a hamburger after all those procedures! 

Did you know there was a movie called, A Day Late and a Dollar Short starring Whoopi Goldberg? It came out in 2014. The movie is about the star being worried about her next asthma attack because it might possibly kill her, but she is trying to solve the problems of her estranged husband, (Ving Rhames) and their four adult children. 


In case you are interested, I found this movie on the Lifetime Channel. 

Have you ever had an instance where you were a day late and a dollar short? Tell me about it...

Have a great day!

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020


Facebook: H2hsc2020

Twitter: H2hsc2020

Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)




#blogboost, #ultimateblogchallenge, #thinkingoutloud, #Popeye, #ADayLateandaDollarShort, #Inspiration, #memoriesofdad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...