Friday, October 9, 2020

Ten Things of Thankfulness - October 9, 2020

 Today is Ten Things of Thankfulness...where to start? 

 

Number 10 - I am thankful for nature's beauty. The trees, the countryside, the animals grazing in the fields. The feathered birds in the sky. The leaves changing colors in the timber. 

Number 9 - I am thankful for another day of life. Each breath is a blessing from my Heavenly Father above. 

Number 8 - I am thankful for my family. This time last year, I was amid going through a divorce...BUT God! It has not been an easy year since, but we are making progress. Hopefully...

There are too many years invested to toss it away like a piece of trash. (That's how I felt last year...tossed out like a piece of crumpled up trash.) Rebuilding trust with another human being that was shattered by choices made is not an easy feat. Daily, I ask God to heal my hurts and to restore my love for the man I have been married to for nearly 22 years. I also ask God to teach me how to forgive and learn how to trust again...

Number 7 - I am thankful for the rest of my family. Children, grandchildren, siblings, and cousins. I will have the opportunity of meeting several new cousins along our journey to Illinois. We are currently traveling from Texas.  My husband is from there. He and his sister are the only ones left in his immediate family. His younger sister died on his birthday in 2010 from Bone Cancer. It was fast and furious...her suffering was short-lived. For that, we are thankful but losing her was and still is hard at times for the loved ones left behind. Rest in Peace Darlene...

 


Number 6 - I am thankful for my wrinkly hands. For as long as I can remember, I recall my mom saying, 'she didn't want to get old because she didn't want to have wrinkly hands'. As many of you know, we lost mom in February 2020 just before COVID hit.... her cancer had returned. Like my husband's baby sister, mom's recurring cancer was fast, and it was like fire through her body. Only this time, instead of it manifesting in the areas where it was before - it began eating away at her neck and on her face. She did not last long after the doctors told us they recommended radiation or chemotherapy. We decided as a whole, not to have mom go through the agony of those treatments...she was ready to be with dad. 

As I gaze at my hands. They have become withered looking. Wrinkly...a tear falls down my face. I miss you mom and guess what, I have wrinkly hands. They are not soft like yours were. They have the feel of hard years lived. Regardless of how much lotion I use. 


Number 5 - I am thankful for HOPE. Without it, we have nothing. I walk, talk, live, and breathe HOPE daily. 

Number 4 - I am thankful for being able to complete 8 out of my 15 Memory Albums project I am currently working on. Here is a sneak peek of a few pages from the latest one. This one was requested and purchased. 







Number 3 - I am thankful for a good night's sleep. I have not been sleeping well lately and am waiting on the Pulmonologist to determine the 'why's. I am off to bed after I publish this post...

Number 2 - I am thankful for each of you and your kind words when you take the time to read my posts and drop me a comment or two. 

Number 1 - I am thankful for Dyanne. She is the one who invited me to Ten Things of Thankfulness a few months back. I am going to have the opportunity of meeting her face to face when we go through Springfield, MO on Saturday. I am so excited to have this opportunity. Can you tell? 

Now that I have named my ten things I am thankful for this week, have you come up with ten things too? If so, let me hear from you...if not - surely you can find at least one thing you are thankful for. 

Until next week...

Good night.


Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020



Facebook: H2hsc2020

Twitter: H2hsc2020

Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)

 


#TToT, #tenthingsofthankfulness, #blogboost, #life, #inspiration, #memories, #memoriesofmom, #thankful, #lovedones, #papercrafting, #memoryalbums, #creativity

 

 

7 comments:

  1. We have so much to be thankful for! I'm thankful I met you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Martha this is very true...but I must admit, there have been times - being thankful for loved ones has been quite hard for me during different life situations. (Especially when "they" are the ones who have created the angst!

      Have a wonderful day...we are soon to be starting day 2 of our journey.

      Delete
  2. A lovely post! Condolences (and a virtual hug!) on the loss of your mom. This is the type of post we should all do for our monthly challenge, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your memory albums are so pretty. Am I right in thinking a person puts photos and perhaps letters, notes, or keepsakes in them?
    Love your #5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat. Yes, photos, letters, notes, and other memorabilia. What is your favorite color?

      Delete
  4. You've been through a lot but have come through with gratitude. Those albums are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...