Sunday, February 23, 2020

Imposters

Many years ago during my teen years, there was a show on television that my parents watched. I don't recall the name of it, so I'll describe it to you...

There was a participant who would ask questions - then 'the' real person and two imposters. Through the questions, the participant tried to guess through the answers who the real person was versus the imposters.

I found it interesting that although many of the answers could be seen as factual - some were just playing the role. It's funny how in life, we are surrounded by individuals who have stepped into a role when they are around you - but once you are away, the conversations happen that makes a person just shake their head.

I have been surrounded by imposters all my life and honestly, I don't even know who or what is real anymore...people say and do one thing when you talk to them and say or do something completely different when you aren't around. I'm so over fake people in my world. They are the very same individuals who hold grudges, hold pasts over one's heads and feel that they are above any accountability whatsoever. You can throw your daggers any which way you choose - but in the end, we'll all be held accountable for all that has been said - all of the lies that continue to be told and the grudges that continue to be placed above forgiveness and love.

There have been days, months and years that I have questioned my very existence wondering if what I knew was factual or if indeed it was an imposter. Just when I think I have clarity, a wrench gets thrown into the mix of things. Today was no different...just when I thought my heart couldn't be shattered anymore - - it broke into a million more pieces. I honestly don't know how it continues to beat with the heartache I have inside.

I'll continue going through each day loving those who 'want' to be in my world and want me in theirs. I'm going to walk away from those who have created such pain and torment. It is very sad and makes me very sad as I have held out for years hoping and praying - that things would be different. Today was evident that they are not...and for now - it's crystal clear that I MUST walk away in order to find clarity and peace of mind that I have been searching for over the last 7 years. It's sad to say though - this pain I describe doesn't come from friends - - it comes from that sacred place called, "family". The knife has been put in my back for THE last time...I hope you are happy and my wish is, that you never, ever feel the pain that each of you has caused for me on so many levels...

Will the REAL YOU please step forward...


1 comment:

  1. Praying these things work out and that it gets easier for you. Even though I wish we could pick our family and not be handed a family because if we could I would pick you for my sister.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...