Monday, February 17, 2020

Grandma Time


Something must be said of becoming a grandmother...Caiden is my 3rd grandchild. 

I didn't think being blessed with another grandchild could bring so much joy, but boy was I wrong! It's been interesting watching my baby girl and her husband with their new bundle of joy. They've been navigating the late-night feedings, the diaper changes, and the lack of sleep now for almost a week. Can you believe it - - almost a week! Where does the time go...?

I've seen my baby girl grow up into a beautiful young lady and now stepping out into a new chapter of her life - motherhood. She is so gentle with Caiden and he loves it when mommy talks to him softly. Today, he has been up more than he has the last couple of days. I think it's because Grandma has been hanging out with the family. lol - - I've retired to my room for the night - so I thought I'd just share a few thoughts of Caiden's world from grandma's view. 

Caiden's mommy and daddy are getting acclimated to the new changes that have been placed before them. Diaper changes, feedings, sleeping, late-night feedings, more diaper changes - - burping, feeding, sleeping, and more diaper changes. Yes, life in the Hays home will be different moving forward. Watch out world - there's a new kid in town! 


Very soon, I get to meet my siblings. They are fur-babies. Grandma calls one Ms. Mischievous (that's not her name - but she gets in trouble a lot), and the other one she calls Axel Rose. Both were rescue dogs...I haven't met them
A R
mommy's dog too, but grandpa keeps him now! 
Ms. Mischevious
yet as they are away at grandma's house until the upcoming move at the end of next week happens. YES - - you read that right. A new baby, relocation, work - -!!! When on earth will mommy and daddy sleep? If I can help it- - they won't. I will make sure of that with feedings, diaper changes, burping, and more feedings...

I know Caiden's eyesight isn't at 100%, but he loves looking around. When I am holding him and talking to him - - he turns his head towards my voice. Sometimes, he looks with such great anticipation and the little faces he makes. I smile - and sometimes, I express laughter. I love it when he purses his lips because I can see his little dimples. My daughter also has a dimple. Notice I said, 'a dimple'. LOL

My grandma Tina came to meet me today. This past Sunday, grandpa Bruce and Grandpa Ronnie came to meet me...I am truly surrounded by people who love me so much. Then there's dad...where to start? It's funny how a little human being can soften a man's heart where no other person can...they walk silently in and out of the room, speak calmly (my son in law does that anyway), they change diapers with such care making sure everything is done just right. Then there's cradling Caiden and holding him. Daddy has been a bit nervous holding me, but we manage. I like being held in daddy's arms...daddy has been so helpful with mommy too. I'm glad he is home this week so I can spend time with him. Then there's the late-night diaper changes and the late-night feedings...!

Grandma (I'm not sure what I'm going to call her yet - -) but I don't want to call her grandma. She is going to be a very special person to me so her name for me needs to be special just like her. She went and saw her mom this past weekend in Amarillo, Texas. She isn't doing too well. Grandma told me she wrote a story last week called, "The Circle of Life". It was about my great gammy (her mom), my mommy and me. When I grow up, I'm going to read it so I can know a little bit about my great gammy. My grandma talks to me all the time...she calls me, "Baby Hays" even still today...you see, my mommy and daddy didn't share my name with anyone before I arrived in the great big world - so when grandma would talk to me in mommy's belly - she would call me Baby Hays. I love my grandma. My grandma also does genealogy so I can learn of my family roots through her eyes. I can't wait to see all the information she has learned of my family and ancestors...and just think, I'm just a baby. 

I'm getting sleepy now - - I've been fed, and my diaper has been changed. It's time to lay my head down and sleep with the Angels. My grandma always says, "Angels on your pillows'". 

Good night daddy, mommy, grandma Tina, grandma, grandpa Ronnie, and Grandpa Bruce - until I see you all again...I love you! <3

Yes, life with Caiden the last couple of days has been wonderful. I am so excited to see where the life journey leads him. I hope I'm around long enough to see him accomplish his dreams and goals. He has already changed so much in the last several days and he isn't even a week old yet. Boy does time fly when one is having fun...

I'll be spending time with Caiden and his family for a few more days before going home. I'll be getting in all the butterfly kisses I can get before I leave. 

Until next time...g' night!

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020




4 comments:

  1. Aren't grandchildren special?? 🥰 I'm sure you're having a wonderful time making those first week memories with Caiden! Be sure to keep us updated as he does new things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello Martha - - yes, the days have been priceless! Sitting back and watching the kids become acquainted with their little guy. He is so precious...he and I solve world problems throughout the day when we are snuggling. You know, mom and dad's favorite songs - - his love for music already by way of the Owlette (?) - playing soft wind sounds, or the singing of birds in the background and a few nursery tunes. I have a favorite one and so does he. :-)

      Everyone is fast asleep - and I'm going to see if I can write up a post for the day...

      until we visit again,

      G'night and thank you for your comments!!

      H2hsc2020

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your time with him and I know you will love having them next door once the move is complete. Did I tell you when I was little my parents shared a duplex with my grandparents?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Glenda...

    I am enjoying my time for sure...but like everything else - all good things will come to an end soon. The next few days will definitely prove chaotic as the move draws even nearer and Caiden's daddy returns to work - but everyone will manage. Just another part of the bigger picture of becoming acclimated to life changes. Right?!

    No, you haven't told me that story...how fun. Were you close with them?

    H2hsc2020

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...