Wednesday, February 19, 2020

New Clothes

Today, I washed a few of Caiden's things so we could put them up in preparation for the upcoming move. As I looked in his closet and seen all his brand-new clothes - I thought to myself, how fun it is to have so many wonderful things at such a young age. I'm sure he will never wear half of the clothes he has - - unless of course, his mommy and daddy changed him around the clock into a different outfit, onesie or little sleeper.


I folded little bitty socks; they are so tiny. I thought to myself, I wonder if he'll have his dad's size 12 foot or his mom's size 6? Then I moved another sack that hasn't been put away yet from the baby shower in his honor since they are in the process of packing things up - and wouldn't you know it, there were two pairs of itty-bitty shoes. They were so adorable, I sat there and chuckled!

It's funny because when I visited my mom this last weekend, his great grandmother who goes by Gammy (called by my three children) or Mimi (called by my sisters three children) - she said, 'how light his skin color was'. I thought about her comment for a little bit...I guess, she thought he might be Olive colored like me (as I am half Italian) and my skin tone is darker than the rest of my family...I told her, no - - he will favor his mommy and daddy's skin tones, blonde hair and blue eyes. Although my daughter has brown hair and hazel eyes (I think! LOL) It's a beautiful thing how creation happens from the egg and the sperm...who would have thought - so many little similarities would be evident within the first week of a new life.

A dimple on his cheek, a button nose - his daddy's face and at times, his mommy's face. Once in awhile seeing his paternal grandparents features in the way he looks...I have yet to see any characteristics of mine or those of my mom- other than his resilience, his tenacity and well - his loud and clear exclamations that ring out through the house upon his dissatisfaction with a diaper change or his need to eat.

I'm on grandma duty for a few hours so his mommy and daddy can get some rest. I'm sure many of you can relate and know this firsthand, being a new parent - is very demanding on the body and sleep deprivation ranks high around the clock for days on end. 

Caiden will be surrounded by people who love him and who are willing to step in when duty calls - - however, grandma time will come to an end in the coming days and his little family will once again learn how to navigate life with all the new demands on their body, their time schedules, their appointments, their feedings, their outings.

He is all snuggled up in his bassinette with music playing softly in the background. Outside, there is a gentle, steady rain falling...and occasionally, you can hear the tires of a car driving down the wet road outside. The heater kicks on and off throughout the house so it's cozy here inside and the stillness of the night is calming. 

Tomorrow is a new day. We'll pick out several sets of clothes for the day, we'll see new expressions from Caiden and even some from his mommy I'm sure! It's amazing how in the last seven days...this little guy has changed so much. He has grown in length and has reached his birth weight once again and continues to make great strides each day. He is growing so much already...will he be short like mommy or will he stand tall like his daddy? These things still need to play out over the course of time...but for now, the dilemmas of 'what to wear daily as there are so many choices' are still at hand.

It's tough being a little guy in the great big world with so many endless possibilities...

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

#Baby, #grandma, #Family, #Love, #inspiration, #hopes, #dreams, #life 



1 comment:

  1. wWat ever he wears he will look adorable in and if he looks like you or has your personality he will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...