Monday, February 3, 2020

Snooty Pig Cafe - Keller, Texas

Since we are having a nice meal cooked on the grill tonight for the 'big' game, my husband and I decided to try a local restaurant we had seen while running errands yesterday.

The Snooty Pig Cafe in Keller, TX. It's located in a strip shopping mall next to a Tuesday Morning, a Big Lots and a few other known establishments.

There was a sign out front listing the "specials" of the day and Pork Chops along with handmade muffins were on the menu. Since we arrived for breakfast, my mind wasn't on the special of the day.

We walked through the front door and I was a little taken back by the decor - there was a small foyer with another door to open before getting to the main area. In this small foyer was a cabinet of some kind with a white metal music stand sitting on top of it. I didn't see any to go menus or anything else. I thought it was kind of blah...

Once inside, there was a hostess stand and immediately behind that - was a bar type area. Workers were standing there greeting the customers as they walked in. To the left of the hostess stand, there was another room. I suppose they probably use that for overflow or possibly large parties because it was on the opposite side of the building from the main seating area.

We were shown to our table, given our menus and asked what we'd like to drink. I asked for unsweet tea and Ronnie asked for Chocolate Milk. We looked over the menu.

I chose a Breakfast Skillet consisting of meat, hashbrowns, and over-easy eggs on top and a side of grits.

 Ronnie ordered a slab of ham, hashbrowns, biscuits, and gravy along with his eggs.


The food arrived hot and the waitress asked if we needed anything else. We began to eat our breakfast. Mine was quite tasty. It reminded me of something we cook when we are camping - 'farmers breakfast'. The only difference was, the eggs were cooked over-easy and laying on top versus being scrambled and mixt in with everything else.

Ronnie said, 'his biscuit didn't have a taste and that it was dry and the hashbrowns could have been cooked a tad longer'. I agreed with him on the hashbrowns. None the less, it didn't deter him from eating nearly the entire plate of food.

I'll give the cafe a 6 out of 10 as the service was a bit slow and there were a few things that need to be improved. Will we eat there again, I think we will as we want to see what their lunch and supper fares are like.

~~Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

1 comment:

  1. I remember stopping here after seeing a Movie at Harkins. I thought it was a little cold. Not many choices on the Menu. But food was good.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...