Saturday, January 2, 2021

Saturday Morning Cartoons are no more

When I was a child, I recall waking up every Saturday morning to watch my favorite cartoons on television. I could not wait to get in front of that tv...that is not so true today. I can literally go days and even weeks without ever turning ours on. 

Saturday morning cartoons are no more in my house. In days of yesterday, I remember watching the Jetsons, TheFlintstones, Blondie (with Dagwood of course), Bugs Bunny, and all his cohorts, otherwise known as The Looney Tunes. Then there was the Roadrunner which was part of The Looney Tunes. Olive Oil and Popeye were on my list as well...occasionally, Popeye's nephews would appear in a show. You know, Pipeye, Peepeye, Poopeye, and Pupeye. Did you know they were quadruplets? 

On my list of cartoons to watch were also The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle Friends was also on my list as well. The Mr. Magoo Show, and The Deputy Dawg Show. Do any of these rings a bell for you? I may be aging some of you today as I sit here and think about my Saturday mornings as a child - they are a vague memory in my mind. But cartoons still come to mind...funny how these cartoons still bring a smile to my face when I hear their jingle or even capture a clip from one of the shows. These are not all of the shows I would watch on Saturday but the ones that came to mind as I sat down to write a blog this morning. What were some of your favorite  Saturday morning cartoons? 

I could not tell you the names of any cartoons that children watch today. Many of them, in my mind, are just not fit to watch and if I had small children, probably would not allow them to watch them. Sorry if that offends any of you...but Simpsons, SpongeBob, and Barney were some of the cartoons I banned my kids from watching. Oh, trust me, I got flak from them and other adults alike, but it was just my personal thing...lol. Still, even today, when I hear the theme song from the Simpsons come on the tv - I blurt out...change the channel! I am just shaking my head...it is funny to me memories that pop up in my mind from time to time. They are so random. Who else can raise their hand that you have random thoughts come to mind too from time to time? 

I no longer watch Saturday morning cartoons today. My Saturday mornings consist of crafting, walking with my ancestors, or taking a road trip on a great weekend adventure with my hubs...with that said, I need to finish up on a Junk Journal (JJ) that has been sitting on my desk now for almost three weeks. I have one signature left and it will be on its way to the purchaser. (just a small sneak peek into the JJ I am currently working on). 













What do your Saturday mornings look like today? 

Have a great day and Happy New Year! 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020


Facebook: H2hsc2020 
Twitter: H2hsc2020 
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations 
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)

#ThinkingoutLoud, #creativity, #Saturdaymornings, #classiccartoons, #memories, #junkjournals, #JJcreativity, #papercrafting






3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the walk down memory lane. I watched Bugs Bunny every Saturday morning. Also, Mighty Mouse - now I'm aging myself, right? And of course Casper the Friendly Ghost and maybe the Archies. I'm the same way with my kids at the Simpsons. I don't get SpongeBob at all, but my kids seem to like it. These days, Saturday mornings are for reading the NYT and WashPo and then doing laundry and errands and of course writing. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Elisa!

    Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. Very much appreciated!!!

    Oh yes, Mighty Mouse, Casper and Archies were also on my weekly ritual...not to mention the Adams Family, Brady Bunch, The Odd Couple, and, the Partridge Family, too! Oh my...definitely aging me as well. From time to time, I find myself snagging time to watch a 'classic' show from the past. How about you?

    Until we meet again...have a wonderful week!

    Nancy/H2hsc2020

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have watched some of the shows you mentioned. But if I am up by myself I try and find a movie to listen to while I work. If Charlie is up we might watch a Sitcom or Cartoons and sometimes a movie depending on what he is in the mood to watch. If David is home he prefers the History Channel.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...