Monday, January 11, 2021

The Weekly Smiles, January 11, 2021 - #weeklysmiles

 


I started participating in the Weekly Smile Blog two weeks ago. The purpose is to share a story, a photo, or something that has brought a smile to your face the last week. Easy enough, right? 

This Blog Challenge is hosted by Trent's World (The Blog). Here's the skinny on the dos and don'ts of it. 

About:

Come on, I’m sure you smiled at least once last week.  Why don’t you share it?  I hope you can join in!

Here is a list of “rules” and guiding ideas.  If you don’t have time to read it right now, just remember that this is an exercise to spread positivity. Don’t smile about the misfortune of others.  Don’t smile in a way to excludes others. Make sure a 12-year-old can read it.

To join in, write a post to share your smile and then leave a comment on this post with a link to your smile.  Or, if you prefer, do a pingback to this post (pingback = have a link from your post to this one) (Note – pingbacks have been very inconsistent – please leave a comment ). You can post any time until next Sunday evening (to be simple, I will say midnight GMT, which is 7 PM Sunday for me).  

Next week I will compile all the Smiles and do a separate post of them on Monday morning just before the smile.  (I will shoot for around 7 AM EST).

*******************************

I don't know about you, but I find it hard at times trying to pinpoint just one thing that brings a smile to my face. This last week was no different. 

I recall my 10-month-old grandson bringing smiles to my face every time I saw him or seeing the geese fly by our house on the way to the nearby pond. Seeing Bluejays in our backyard and across the street in the trees also brings smiles to my face. We have several of them living in the trees behind our house.

Something else that brought a smile to my face was when my son-in-law came walking into our house over the weekend with temperatures in the low 30's, he had on shoes with no socks, shorts, and a jacket. As he walked through the door he said, 'man it's cold out there'. LOL -- yes, and you are in shorts! We all chuckled...

Tonight, while my daughter and her little family were at our house, she was sitting on the floor up by the wall so she could play with my grandson. He was standing by me near the couch. He turned around and took three small steps towards her. It won't be long until his little feet will be taking him all over our houses. I keep telling her are you sure you want him to walk now? Once he does, get your running shoes on. I'm reminded of that song with the lyric that says, "put one foot in front of the other...then you will be walking out the door". Hold on momma, he will be grown up before you know it! :-) Where does the time go? 

Until next week, watch for those moments in life that bring smiles to your face, and remember, always share a smile with someone! Just never know...you may be the only smile they see. 



Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020 
Twitter: H2hsc2020 
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations 
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#weeklysmiles, #memories, #chucklesandgrins, #babysteps, #growingup




No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...