Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Day 21 - Dream, Laugh and Love


Day 21, January 21, 2020 

Dreaming, Laughing, and Loving...they all go hand in hand. 

As I sit here thinking about what I want to write about tonight, I'm staring at a wall hanging I have in front of my crafting table that says, 'dream, love, and laugh". How many of you find it easy to do all three of these things? For me, sometimes - they are easier said than done.

Have you ever found yourself thinking about all the dreams you had as a small child, or better yet - a teenager/young adult/adult? What about love? Does it come in the form of a human being or something else? I've fallen in and out of love on several occasions before and learning how to love AND laugh again after the fact proved to be painstakingly difficult at times. However, I kept pressing in... I kept fighting and didn't give up. Sure, there have been many times I've thought about all the what if's, the would haves, the could haves’ scenarios in my life many times over.

Thinking back to my younger days, I didn't get very far in the dreams I had for myself because life took me down many different directions that had many detours. Some by my choosing and other detours caused by other life choices and situations. I call these things 'stumbling blocks'. These might look like, broken relationships; a loss of a job; moving; finances; a loss of a friend, a loved one or even a fur baby; it could be anything really. It could be an addiction (whether healthy or unhealthy), it could be a mental illness, it might even be health issues - trust me, I've had my share of health issues now for many years, BUT it's what you learn to do with those stumbling blocks that make the difference. The KEY for me was learning how to turn these stumbling blocks into STEPPINGSTONES. Yes, easier said than done at times...and at other times - a piece of cake. Once I embraced each stumbling block as a life lesson, I found myself on the upside of things when I learned how to embrace life's journey at hand.

Sure, there are days my mind doesn't understand why this has happened or why that has happened. After all, I am human. But through it all, I learned how to dream, love, and laugh at all the crazy things I did with my life or what has been dealt to me. It is just life...right? It's my choice whether I stay down in the mulligrubs or embrace life and face it head-on.

At times, many decisions by my choosing and that of others created joy, laughter, and love. But on the other side, there have also been great hardships and even heartache at times. Nevertheless, I learned a long time ago - that for me to have peace, I had to create it myself and not lean on my own understanding or depend on anyone else. I had to completely rely on God to bring me through the hard times as it was in those times, where I learned resiliency; patience; understanding; compassion; empathy; forgiveness and peace of mind.

Learning how to create a space for myself where I can 'dream, love, and laugh' again - has been a learning curve. One that has not been easily embraced for this reason for that reason. I have had to depend on faith and trust to get me through and at times it's been downright hard to trust again when there have been betrayals and hurts especially when the very people I thought could be trusted were the very ones who were creating the hurts. There were other times, I had to persevere when I felt like throwing in the towel. I have found through paper crafting, I can dream - - I can love -- I can laugh again because I am doing something that makes me happy. That makes it all worthwhile...RECOVERY THROUGH CRAFTING! That's one of my coping tools. I'll touch base on coping tools again in another blog.


In the days ahead, I'm going to share some of my personal experiences in life. I call these my life's journey. We all have them - whether good or bad. In my blogs, I'm going to share how I learned forgiveness, empathy, resiliency, how to move forward when life itself looked bleak and dark - I'm going to share with you 'how I learned to flip the switch" in my life to the on position in order to live with the good, the bad and the ugly while living, a life with my head held high all at the same time.

I hope by sharing some of my life's journey and how I learned to overcome the muck - I am able to instill hope, faith, resiliency, as well as encourage you to want to find how YOU too, can flip the switch on your own life in order to find your dreams, love and laughter once again.


Until next time, what some of your coping tools? 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#dreamlaughlove, #blogging, #UltimateBlogChallenge, #life, #crafting, #mixedmedia, #alteredart, Inspiration

1 comment:

  1. My coping tools is my blog or walking outside by myself and at times taking a book and finding a tree to sit under and just breathe.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...