Thursday, January 30, 2020

Day 30 - Procrastination, Accomplishments and Determination

Day 30, January 30, 2020

Anyone that knows me knows I cannot stand procrastination. My thoughts are if something needs to get done - let's quit wasting time and get it done...what ARE we waiting for??? 

When I saw Paul's suggestion for the UBC (Ultimate Blog Challenge) today, I laughed. "DETERMINATION"

I have so many projects that I need to finish, but lately - I've been a little distracted with family and life. 

My daughter messaged me the other night asking if I had any pictures of her as a young child because she wants to compare her photos, to those of her birth father - to her little guy that will soon be arriving. And we continue to wait... :-) 

As I thought about where her baby album might be (I recently moved and things aren't quite put in their places yet), I recalled a box of scrapbook layouts that have been finished for several years now! Oh my gosh...they are still in the box??? Problem #1. Remember, I don't like procrastination. I'm asking myself why these aren’t already in the albums - after all, I have had them for a few years now along with the page protectors. As I sorted through the layouts to find a few photos of her life, I realized I hadn't even taken pictures of these layouts yet. Problem #2. 

Looking around my room I'm seeing a few more boxes that need to be unpacked and homes found for the contents. Problem #3. No space! I need another bookcase - guess I'll be on the hunt for a garage sale or two in the next few days. (unless I get the call my grandson is on the way)! 

Being the family genealogist, I have binders started for my maternal and paternal lines. This has been a thorn in my side as you can't have one without the other and combining the information has become quite cumbersome. Problem #4. How to organize my genealogy. 

There are photos in at least 2 tubs that have already been scanned in so that's good. I just need to make the journals or the scrapbook layouts and get 'er done! Time...Problem #5. Crafting takes time. It's not anything I can just snap my fingers and be done with. Seems lately with some of my health issues going on, crafting is at a snail's pace. What used to take me less than a day to complete is now taking weeks. I am a very focused individual and when I set my mind to do something I do it...this will be no difference 'once' I figure out what direction I want to take in capturing our family memories of yesterday. 

Crafting and genealogy are my favorite two pastimes. I literally lose all sense of time when I'm doing one or the other or even both at the same time. Sometimes, I don't even move out of my chair during the day or night. Did I say night? Oh yes...I have burned the midnight oil many times crafting AND doing genealogy. Back in the day when I was working, my husband would also ask 'how I did it - with very little sleep'? I've always been a day person and a night owl. I need very little sleep to function - even though it's not healthy for a person to do that. I manage. Problem #6. Rest

Still learning the ropes and navigating my way around my blog - still baffles me at times. I need to find my flow and pull it all together. That's my determination...


I'm sure like with anything else in life - there are pros and cons to the how' and the why's of what it is we do or don't do. I do have a few goals I want to achieve in the blogging world. Those will come in time. 

Problem #1 - put the layouts in the scrapbook albums
Problem #2 - take photos of the layouts - COMPLETED!!! (just a few of the pics)


















Bridals, Wedding and Honeymoon pics still need to be processed! This amazing event happened in 2016!!!



There are over 2000 pictures total to work with! 





























Problem #3 - unpack the last couple of boxes. 

Problem #4 - figure out genealogy organization

Problem #5 - Crafting projects - start them, pick up where I've left off, finish them

Problem #6 - REST

For now, I need to quit procrastinating as I am determined to feel accomplished by the end of the day.

Smiles!!!  

~~Heart to Heart Soul Creations
#H2hsc2020


2 comments:

  1. I need to repack and go through things rim by room but need David home to help move things before we clear out my dads home. That way if I keep anything of his I have room for it. I need shelves as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have determination to complete whatever I start. My biggest problem when reorganizing is getting side tracked with the different boxes and things I'm organizing. I see something and it takes me back down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...