Sunday, January 19, 2020

Day 19 - My Bucketlist Thoughts

Day 19, January 19, 2020




My bucket list consists of several things broken out in different categories. Travel, Friends/Family and self-care.

I love road trips above any other means of travel because I can have a game plan of what's from point A to point Z and everything in between. If I was in the air, I'd miss out on so many sights and sounds. Even having a game plan, if something was to come up - I'd be able to squeeze it in and make it happen. 

Doing genealogy has opened a great deal of research and has piqued my interest in locations for so many far-off places. Germany, Scotland, Italy, The Netherlands, Canada, Virginia, and Connecticut - to name a just a few. I have begun scrapbooking my Grandparents/Great Grands - so the more information I can uncover the better the memories will live on forever for generations to come. 

My all-time travel plans would consist of 'by air' no doubt, a trip to Sicily, the homeland of my paternal grandparents and great grandparents.   My daughter and her husband traveled to Italy this past October and I was living my dream through their eyes. I've always been fascinated by the beauty of Italy and the countryside, not to mention the food! (The photo pictured one they captured from Venice). 

I'd love to visit anywhere that my ancestors have walked, lived and died - I would love to travel to their homelands. See the places they lived and look for more history that will strengthen my family ties. 

Also, on my things to achieve before I take my last breath would be taking in the sights that our great land has to offer. I've been to 28 states so far, with so much still to see and experience. Our land is rich in history and natural attractions (which I love). Just in the great state of Texas, there are so many possibilities to experience and one doesn't even have to leave the state. After all, it is the largest of all states in the USA. 

I would like to take another trip up North into Oregon/Washington State so I could see the whales come through in September. That has been something I've wanted to do since 1996. Another attraction in the states would be traveling to Alaska in order to see the wildlife and the eagles soaring high above the ground. 

Riding the train from the states into Canada through the Rocky Mountains has always been a dream of mine, too. (This one will become a reality sooner than later though as it's in the planning stages now). 

As a little girl, I wanted to visit Holland. I've always been interested in windmills, wooden shoes, and history. I guess it would be safe to say, I just enjoy traveling...the UK is also on my list of places to visit. 

Keeping family and friends in their respective places is very important to me. I hope to see my grandchildren graduate college, start their lives as young adults and achieve their dreams/goals. I'd love to be a grandma to a beautiful baby girl, but so far - -we've had two handsome grandsons and one soon to make his debut. 

Self-care is extremely important to me. I learned several years ago how to use that two-letter word - -NO! I have always been a person who can do anything...many in my circles would see me as superwoman! That I am NOT. Since my health took a turn in 2016, I've learned when and how to put the brakes on. I've always said, 'if I don't take care of myself - no one else will'. So that's what I do because if I'm not well, it isn't going to be good for anyone. LOL

Working in the Mental Health field also taught me how to utilize self-care especially when 'life' happens. It's so easy to just throw in the towel and sleep it all away versus fighting through those tough days. There must be a balance...if not, the scale will tumble or better yet, our lives will take a tumble. One way I achieve self-care is by utilizing coping tools, recognize triggers, know what things must be in place to maintain my mental/emotional state of mind. If any of these things are not at the forefront of self-care daily...then I put myself and others in check. It's almost like that saying, choose your battles - don't let the battles choose you. For this statement to work for me, self-care must be a MUST in my life daily. 

I utilize self-care when helping others, too. Because sometimes, we can get so engulfed with other situations that we forget about what's going on in our world. I try to instill hope, encouragement, and positivity always on any given day. I'm human though and sometimes, the latter isn't always the case. 

Something I want to achieve before I take my last breath is getting my book published that I wrote a few years back. It has been churning in my being, but I don't think the timing is right just yet. 

I would like to incorporate the genealogy piece, building relationships and crafting into my blog on a regular basis. I know this can be achieved, it's just a matter of how to navigate it all. 

Have a GREAT day! 

~~Heart to Heart Soul Creations 


6 comments:

  1. What kind of book have you written? I also love traveling. I'm hoping to be able to do more within the next 5-10 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrie,

      The book I have written is an autobiography of my life empowering others who have lived through traumatic events, how they too, can find forgiveness of self and others, speaking of hope and resilience through forgiveness of self AND others. Speaking of recovery from mental and emotional anguish and well, you know that saying - how can you relate, if you haven't walked in my shoes...I speak from a place of "walking in those shoes" in more ways than one!!!

      Thanks for commenting. I look forward to following your blog.

      Delete
  2. I know you can do anything you put your mind to. I believe in you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I love you're wanting to write a book of your own. I believe you can do it! I also want to travel more, especially overseas to countries like Ireland and Scotland. I like your idea of visiting Italy too. It has so much rich history and the scenery is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to read your book so I hope you can publish it soon! It sounds like you have an "if I put my mind to it, I can achieve it" attitude. I'm the same way! You go girl!!🤗

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...