Friday, January 17, 2020

Day 2 - How Heart to Heart Soul Creations came to fruition


Day 2 - Introduction continued

Heart to Heart Soul Creations (h2hsc2020) began to grow inside of my being many years ago. 

As I mentioned on Day 1 of my blog, h2hsc2020 was birthed from a place of resilience, pain, trauma, forgiveness, understanding, love, breaking the cycle, and empathy. I've written a book that is ready to be published from all of these places that I have tucked away deep inside of my heart - it speaks of learning resilience from being abandoned emotionally as a very young child to the ins and outs of life as I know it today. The book also speaks to victims who have been traumatized in hopes that one day, they too, can find their voice and live with their head held high. It speaks of accountability and choices. When I worked in the Mental Health field, I would say to my peers - - we all can make a choice and with those choices will come consequences - good or bad, today - tomorrow or years down the road. 

Growing up, I always heard that statement - don't complain unless you want to walk in my shoes for a day...I can relate to that statement. I have lived the journey that has made me who I am today. I have endured more pain, trauma, the loss of people who still live and breathe than any one person should ever have to experience in their lifetime. I have had physical torments, emotional and mental occurrences - yet, when I look at a scar on my body - it doesn't remind me of what took place, it reminds me of where I've been and who I am today. My journey in life is what made me who I am today...learning resilience, forgiveness, survival, and how to love myself was HUGE!!! I didn't learn these things from people who were to keep me safe and instill the nurturing factor - quite the opposite! I learned these things through living life - the good, the bad and the ugly. I learned these things by having a personal relationship with God, making him the center of my world - 24/7. It is only through Him; I live and breathe today. I will never apologize for speaking my own truths where my faith is concerned. Sure, I'm human - I have made many mistakes in life, but I am not a proud person that can't or won't say, 'I messed up, or I'm sorry'. Sure, at one time, I had walls built up around my life like Ft. Knox...no one or anything was going to get close to me. That was my safety net. 

I have journaled, blogged, doodled, scribbled, piddled around with crafts all my life. Looking back through some of my writings, I can see where I was in some very dark, desolate places in life emotionally. I can see when things started looking up and when things started shifting. It's interesting to set and read some of my pennings - not to relive those moments, but to see the strength that was inside of me way back when and I didn't even know it. Heart to Heart Soul Creations is all about that...instilling the hope, the encouragement, the pick me ups, the understanding, the listening, building on dreams and implementing into one's character that they, too - MATTER! 

What was birthed inside of me when H2HSC came into existence was a beautiful thing. It took on the story of the caterpillar in all its transformations of becoming something beautiful. A butterfly. That's how we are as people. We transform...have you ever had a time when you have said to yourself or to someone else that you just can't take anymore? I know I have said that many, many times...even as recently as this last year! It's like - - how much more do we / I need to prove??? Haven't we / I been through enough up to this point? I'm here to tell you...each time we hit these walls; they are life lessons that teach us things. Whether it's forgiveness, love, understanding, compassion, empathy (NOT sympathy), or just a life lesson - we grow. It's like turning those stumbling blocks into steppingstones. I hit each of these instances with, ok - what do I need to do...and I keep on moving. 

Life - it will be what we make of it. We can choose to be miserable, unhappy, unforgiving, hold the grudges, place the blame on others, be the victims or we can choose to rise up, take a stand, say enough is enough - move forward and make a change that will raise us to new heights. No, it's not about competing or being better than the next. It's about character, it's about favor, it's about blessings, it's about honesty, it's about ethics, it's about morals, it's about forgiveness, it's about humility, it's about love, it's about trust. It's about the love of self and of others. It's about the forgiveness of self and of others. It's about being honest with self and with others. It's about being humble and not arrogant. It's about acceptance regardless of what and how things have been all these years before. We can't turn the clock back to yesterday and change what our forefathers did before us, but we can change how we talk, walk, speak and carry ourselves today. WE CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!!! Not only in our lives, but in the lives of others...

When I set down to craft, I think about what it is I am about to make. I think about all the materials I will need to gather up and use in order to get the result. I think about how the item or items will be received once they reach their destination. Will they be cherished, will they even be opened, or will they be tossed in the trash, will they be placed on a shelf for others to enjoy, then I commence with crafting. I begin to transform materials setting in front of me into something they were not. For instance, I enjoy walking through thrift stores, going to garage sales, looking through clearance items, or seeing things on the side of the curb. My first instinct is, how can alter that look - or how can I incorporate this into my crafting projects. That's how life is, isn't it? We try to fit into the world mold of today. Cramming all these appointments into a 24-hour day and still running out of time to finish everything. I learned a long time ago the meaning of the 2-letter word - NO. Life is too short to constantly accommodate others around me when self is suffering. I must first and foremost take care of my needs, my person, my life before I can impart anything of use to others. Trust me, I didn't always abide by this...back in the day, I could be your best friend or your worst enemy at the drop of a dime. People laugh when I say that today, but it's the truth...people who have been in my inner circles can vouch for that statement for sure. 

Remember when I spoke in another blog about making that 360* about-face. That's what I have done in life...I chose NOT to let yesterday dictates who I am today. I took charge of my life and became who I wanted to become. I'm not at the finish line just yet, but I've come along way baby!! I'm sure you have too...we all have. 

Crafting, Genealogy, Blogging - this is just the tip of the iceberg of what Heart to Heart Soul Creations is about. 

Don't forget to share a smile with someone today, as yours may be the only one they see. 

From my heart and soul to yours...<3

~~Heart to Heart Soul Creations

#BlogBoost, #h2hsc2020


No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...