Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Day 11 - Headliners

Altered Clipboard I made a few years back

Day 11 - January 28, 2020 

 I'm just about caught up with all my blogs since joining the Ultimate Blog Challenge in the middle of the month. Getting acclimated to new tools, new ways of doing things and trying to find my niche - has been a bit cumbersome, but exciting! I'm thankful Paul has suggested daily topics while I'm learning the ropes of blogging. With his suggested topics, I've been able to think about the different scenarios I have lived through in life and how I could apply them to the daily topics. Some work - and then others, I think outside of the box. These daily suggestions have also given me the opportunity to consider how I want to brand myself in the crafting/genealogy worlds bringing them both together with personal life stories that hopefully will inspire, encourage, uplift and speak to the resilience of a human being. 

Today's suggestion was headliners – hmmm, let me think about this one. I don't subscribe to any magazines, I immediately thought about the news, the newspapers and such. Then I recalled I did have a few random magazines in my crafting supplies because I use them to make collages, papers, mixed media projects, and glue books. I had a conversation a couple of years ago with a friend, who also blogs and is quite successful at it - shoutout @mommiesreview/Glenda Cates - who had asked me a few years ago to come up with something along the lines of implementing crafting for those who homeschooled their children. Well - time went by and we lost touch, but the seed had been planted! 

Here we are in 2020 and I'm putting together crafting projects and genealogy basics for children who homeschool. What a concept!! 

I can see it now..."how to CHOOSE crafting or genealogy". What about this one, "10 Generations of Family History and It's YOURS!" Here's one..."Developing Dreams Through Our Ancestors", and this one..."If Grandpa Can Do It, So CAN I". 

I am loving this post today...can you tell I'm having fun with it! I'll now have to come up with write-ups for all my 'headliners'!!! How fun is this going to be...? "Walking with The Ancestors, My Past, Present, and Future". "Welcome to Grannies Kitchen", that one will be perfect for a scrapbook layout. Why you may be asking - -I recently found several recipes of my grannies in my mom's cookbook that is literally falling apart. Mom passed it down to me several years ago and I'm going to restore it by making a journal out of it. You know, another one of my many crafting talents...

"When I Grow Up, I Want To Be President"

"Living the Country Life in the Big City"

10 Big Ideas to Bring Color Into Your World
        *mixed media projects
        * Dress Up
        *Create yourself


Thank you, Paul Taubman, for inspiring us to use the daily topic today...you have opened my brain to think outside of the box!!  

Until next time, remember to share a smile... :-)

~~Heart to Heart Soul Creations
@H2hsc2020


#BlogBoost, #crafting, #genealogy, #homeschooling, @mommiesreview, #ancestry, FamilySearch, #lifejourney, #storytelling, #cooking, #recipes, #BettyCrocker, #vintage, #heritage, #inspiration, #encourage, #hope, #smiles


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, for mentioning me. I love using Headlines as Topics. This morning I got a notice from the Haltom City Library about a Cookbook class I'm thinking of going to. Which I'll incorporate into my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...