Friday, January 31, 2020

Day 31 Accomplishments

Day 31, January 31, 2020 

Looking back over the last several days, weeks, months and years - I've had many goals set with good intentions. 2020 is no different. I have several things that are written down regardless of how, the whys, or the when - these things will be accomplished by the end of the year - one way or the other! 
My goals may or may not look like yours. That's the beauty of them, they are mine. Whether they are crafting goals, genealogy goals, life goals, family goals - they are mine and mine alone. I may need other input or assistance to achieve my goals - but the overall act of accomplishment will be completely up to me. For example, in the middle of November 2019, I requested from my insurance company a list of physicians for the area I recently moved to. Not only did I spend over an hour on the phone with one CSR going through the specialties needed, but they assured me an email would be forthcoming. I waited...and waited...and waited. A couple weeks later, I called the company again. I explained the situation, the frustration and again - was informed the original email would be sent back out. I waited...
Last week, still trying to accomplish setting up new doctors since my move - I checked for the emails once again...nothing. Not in my spam, not in the trash and not in my inbox! I called the company yet a third time. This time, the CSR indicated they would send out a provider book. Ok, that sounds great - since I can't access this from their website! 
The provider book arrived yesterday in a large brown envelope. (Thursday, 1/31/2020). Thumbing through it, I noticed all the doctors listed were for the Greater Houston area and then some... (I about came out of my chair). I don't live in the Houston area, I'm just outside of Ft. Worth - 4 hours away from Houston...oh my gosh! Talk about a breakdown. No, not on my part but on the part of the CSR. For two months now, I've been trying to get this goal accomplished. Today, I called a 4th time...
Setting right now in my email are 6 document links with providers I am needing to get established. How hard was this for the CSR to accomplish today? Fairly simple and all within a 15-minute timespan. Check, Check and check...I can now say - I have the list of providers marked off my list that I started working on back in November. That's one goal I've accomplished today! 
Sometimes in life, something that looks rather uncomplicated can become a mountain over others' inabilities. If you are working on a goal that seems to be getting derailed for whatever reason, you might want to rethink the process of how you are trying to achieve it.
For me, today was a simple request that should have been accomplished months ago by the other party...the CSR helped me achieve my original goal and for that, I'm very grateful! 
Now onto making phone calls...
Don't forget to share a smile...
~~Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

6 comments:

  1. As someone who worked as a CSR years ago (not for a health insurer), I know how much a person's level of service is dependent on the luck of the draw(getting the right CSR). On the other hand, CSRs can be worn down by the pressures employers put on them. I am happy you finally got the service you deserved the first time you called rather than the 4th. I wish you the best of luck on your "calling the doctors" journey now. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello bookworm,

      yes - I appreciate CSR's very much and definitely feel for them at times. I can't even imagine the pressures and stress that are put on them each day.

      Delete
  2. You did it! You did it! You were tenacious and followed through with some pretty tough bureaucracy. PLUS you are so right: our goals are as unique to us as our fingerprints. It is great how you took them on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Julie...

      I've never thought of our goals being our fingerprints. Great concept!

      I had no choice - I needed the answers and I was determined to get them one way or the other that particular day! LOL - -

      Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. So happy your original goal was finally been met! I'm glad you joined in the challenge and look forward to following your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Martha!

    I appreciate the follow as I start this journey...

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...