Friday, January 24, 2020

Genealogy Organization

Organizing things are supposed to make one's life easier. At least that's always what I was told...

I have gone and done it now...no, don't try and stop me. I've done it. There is no coming back...I'm committed now!
I have got myself surrounded by mounds and mounds of paperwork, documents, photographs, paperclips, and post-it notes. WHY on earth would anyone want to create a mess like I've created for myself, why? I'll tell you why - -I'm determined to put some organization skills to work by organizing my family's genealogy records and photos. (after all, I've ONLY had my sisters' tubs of artifacts, records, and pictures now for over 2 years)!!!
Since I have given myself yet another title - just one of many hats I wear - called the Family Genealogist - one of my goals for 2020 is to organize my genealogy research by grandparents. That means gathering up all of the documents, research materials, photographs, and other pertinent information into one centralized location for each - - A BINDER!!!! Moving this over here and making sure that goes there and copying, scanning, preserving...do you get the picture yet? Guess what, it doesn't end there! I want to make sure I have birth AND death certificates and hopefully a photograph on hand for each set of my grandparents along with that record and this record and well...I think you get the picture, right?
It would be ok if I was just doing this up through my grandparents' lines - after all, I only have 2 sets of them which equates to 4 people. That would be a simple task. I mean come on - how hard can it be to get 4 people organized???
BUT no, I have to eat the elephant in its entirety - all 10 generations (that I have worked up to this point) and I want to do this for each set of grands? WHAT was I thinking!!!????
I call it 'walking with the ancestors'!



To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...