Thursday, January 16, 2020

Creating Stepping Stones From Those Stumbling Blocks


April 13, 2019

Creating steppingstones from those stumbling blocks 

I want you to think about an image - next to you sets a pile of bricks, rocks, and stones. What would you do with them? For some, they would build a walkway. Others might build a wall and even go further - some might even build a small building if feasible. You see - if we all had the same number of bricks, rocks, and stones - the outcome might just be very different.

That's how life is. We are not created from the same mold and stuff that has occurred in my life may look similar to something you have lived through or are living in right now. The question remains - do we keep those things as stumbling blocks or do we turn them into stepping stones? Trust me, I've had my fair share of wrong choices and disappointments. Many times, I longed for validation or acceptance - but all the time, really all I needed was my own acceptance and validation. I had to learn how to love and forgive myself - even if I wasn't at fault. Again, it's what I've learned from those hard times that made the difference. That's when I had to draw on my faith - to help me get through the rough patches. I would cry out and say things like, 'why me - what have I done to deserve this? Have I NOT been through enough in my life!!!!???' There have been those days I felt like I was all alone in the forest and time just stood still. That's when I had to completely rely on the Holy Spirit to guide me, speak to me and help me through...sometimes, I just needed to be STILL! Regardless if I liked it or not.

Think back to a time where you were told to sit there and be quiet. Could you do it? Did you do it? What - - for maybe 1 or 2 minutes. Did you fidget, tap your fingers on the chair, kick your feet, look around the room, or did you really just sit there and be quiet? Sometimes, life is like that. We need to be still and JUST BE! That's where I go when I'm crafting. I'm just being. It's in those quiet moments that I can reflect on the occurrences of everyday life. Reflect this situation or that situation. I ponder the choices made or should have made. I think about family, friends, this one or that one and I ask myself what could I have done differently? I also ask myself the question of, what part did I play in the outcome - and I craft. Music playing in the background, the stumbling blocks of life weighing heavy on my mind and wondering how I'll turn them into stepping stones. Before you know it, I have created something beautiful when I'm being still and just being! Recovery through Crafting...



Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)

#stumblingblocksintosteppingstones, #life, #h2hsc2020, #blogging, #Ultimateblogchallenge, #UBC, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...