Wednesday, January 29, 2020

That's How the Cookie Crumbles

The Baby Album I made for my grandson
Several weeks ago, we held a baby shower for my daughter. We had a hot cocoa bar with all the trimmings. You had your choice of so much deliciousness  - I think I personally had three cups of hot chocolate!

We had Cayenne pepper, Cinnamon, Marshmallows, Chocolate chips, Butterscotch chips, Cookies and Cream chips, Peppermint candy canes, Andes Mints, Caramel sauce, and, Chocolate sauce (well, I don't think they are called sauce - actually they were in a squeeze bottle). LOL  - but you get the picture...we had a cocoa bar!

The theme of the shower was "Baby It's Cold Outside"...and the day couldn't have been more perfect as the temperature was in the high 20's and the Metroplex had snow (well, in Denton anyway).

The room was very nice...my daughter and her friends did a GREAT job with the decorations.

The shower was a success, even the hot cocoa bar!!!

Last week, I was over at my daughter's home helping her pack - -they are in the process of relocating closer to where my son-in-law works. Actually, truth be known - - it's really to be closer to us, the grandparents! I feel so honored...

As I picked up a box to pack a few things in it from the kitchen, I noticed the leftover items from the hot cocoa bar. Chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, Cookies and Cream chips, Andes Mints, and a few other things. I sat them on the kitchen counter and went on with packing.

A few minutes later my daughter came in and stated she didn't want the assorted goodies and I said, "I'll take those home if you don't want them" so I brought them home and placed them in my kitchen cabinet.

This morning as I was walking with my Ancestors, after all, I am the family genealogist. While I was clicking away at the keyboard - I had this thought pop into my head, make cookies!!! I sat that for a few minutes thinking to myself, I don't recall the last time I made homemade cookies. I continued looking through my DNA matches trying to figure out who these people were on this particular branch of my 4 x great grandfather. No clue...

I noticed the time on the clock and it appeared to be in slow motion. It just kept ticking...tick tock, tick tock - it was as though time was standing still. I love walking with my ancestors and I work on genealogy nearly every day. The branch I had been working on actually belonged to my 4th great grandfather who served in the Revolutionary War and the research was very interesting to me. I was thinking with the information I had, I might even be able to apply for DARS (Daughters of the American Revolution) as I find it very fascinating. I continued to click, click, click on the keyboard. I'd open this document and that document...until I opened a photograph. Over in the comments section of this particular photo was a great deal of commentary.  The information was priceless. There was even a link to a DARS Facebook group of my 4th great grandfather, Shadrack Rogers. I felt like I had just hit the lottery! Still in my mind, was the thought of making cookies...so I switched gears.

I pushed the keyboard to the side, got up out of my chair and proceeded into the kitchen.

I started gathering the items I was going to need to make these cookies. I grabbed the canisters of flour and sugar. I grabbed the eggs out of the fridge. I grabbed the pans, the bowl, and mixer from the cabinets. I hunted for the other ingredients (hoping I wasn't going to be missing anything). Remember, I haven't made cookies in ages...it appeared I had everything I needed to make these cookies. I smiled...



The aroma began to fill the air of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven...I had taken two sheet pans of cookies out of the oven by now. Then a knock came at the door. Today, they were delivering the baby furniture for my daughter. Remember, I told you they are in the process of moving. They decided since they were moving out this direction, they'd have the furniture delivered to our house. I took the pan of cookies out of the oven, so they wouldn't burn and set them on the counter while I answered the door.

Time stood still as I waited for the unpacking and unboxing of the items...

I went to take my cookies off of the sheet pan and I had to scrape them off as they had already set up.

These bits and pieces will make a great topping for ice cream one of these evenings!

That's how the cookie crumbles!

(at the time of this post, we were still awaiting the baby's arrival...he will be making his debut any day!)





Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020


Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#cookies, #journals, #crafting, #baking, #babyshowers, #blogging, #inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...