Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Bar-B-Ques versus Sloppy Joes

How many of you eat the messy, spicy, tasty sloppy joe sandwiches once in a while? Our family does...we start out cooking up a pot of hamburger meat, add the brown sugar, the cumin, the dash of salt and pepper, a can of diced tomatoes or cut fresh ones ourselves. We throw some tomato paste in there, a tablespoon of ketchup and let it simmer. Once in a while, I will throw a few chili pepper flakes in to give it a kick.

A few weeks back while looking through some recipes I have in a book, I ran across this partial recipe that fell to the ground. It's called, "Bar B Ques".

When I started looking at the ingredients, it really was a recipe for what else, SLOPPY JOES!!!

I'm not sure where this recipe came from other than it fell out of the cookbook my mom used to have that I now own. There are many loose recipes in that old Betty Crocker Cookbook that is falling apart. (I plan on turning it into a junk journal eventually - giving it new life). Many of them were my grannies - she loved to cook.

I have looked on Pinterest at many Sloppy Joe recipes and waaalaaa, this one was out there too! Now I'm really curious where it originated from? TBD...

What's your spin on sloppy joes? Do you use a packet or your own family recipe? Please share your comments.

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020




1 comment:

  1. Sloppy Joe's pr Manwich is a meal only Charlie and I will eat and for the longest time even Charlie wouldn't eat these. To make it easier I buy a can at the store and let Charlie make our lunches. But one day we will make them from Scratch for school.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...