Monday, March 30, 2020

Have Your Cake and Eat it Too!

Last week the "Stay at Home Lockdown" went into effect in the county we live in - this isn't anything new for me as I've been on house quarantine since being discharged from the hospital on March 11th because of RSV and a severely compromised immune system.

I had a rather difficult week last week where my health is concerned, and I made myself comfortable on the couch. I had a spiral, pen, and of course my laptop in proximity. 

While scrolling through Facebook - I noticed an ad for Gigi's Cupcakes. I sat there looking at their description of their ad. "$8.00 delivery fee for an 8-mile radius". I thought about that for a bit and had this internal conversation with myself in my head. It went like this, "You can't go shopping for things you need, you haven't been out of this house for three weeks and you were hospitalized for the two weeks before, and you're missing your daughter AND your grandson who isn't even 2 months old yet.  - you deserve a cupcake today - go for it! The more I thought about, the more my mouth started watering. I could taste the sweet icing and the fluffy cake below and that was it for me.  

I picked up my cell phone to call my daughter to ask if she would want a delicious cupcake from Gigi's. She said, "what kind do they have"? I looked on their website and saw a few choices. 

Caramel Turtle Cheesecake
Wedding Cake
Red Velvet
Birthday Cake
Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie
among several others

I read the list to my daughter and she expounds, 'they all sound good - surprise me, but C would like a Red Velvet one'. Okay, I'll have dad bring them over later today and we hung up. 

I tried calling the number listed on the Facebook page, on their website and could not reach them. Was this a sign that I didn't need the cupcake? I continued to sit there doing what I was doing...which was literally nothing. I didn't have the energy to do anything that day and in fact, just holding the cellphone in my hand - created so much angst for me and zapped me completely of what little energy I had. I thought that taking Gigi's up on their $8.00 delivery fee was going to pass. 

With the laptop still on my lap, Gigi's ad staring me in the face, I decided to find their page on Facebook. I clicked over and a pop-up box came up. Great, I can send them a message and let them know that I have been trying to call them, but their phones aren't working. That's what I did...within a few short minutes, I had a reply. I could tell by the conversation the lady seemed pleasant enough. I asked her a few questions and she asked what she could get started for me. 

Looking back at their website, I made my selections and typed them in the box. The lady who was receiving my messages indicated that someone would call me in a few minutes to arrange for payment and the pertinent information needed to deliver the wonderful cupcakes to me. I explained to her that I would not be going to the door for her to knock and then leave them on the porch. Perfect was her reply! 

I hadn't told my daughter what kind of delicious surprise I had ordered for her - after all, she did say 'surprise me'! Shhh, don't say anything but while I was in the hospital in quarantine - I missed her birthday - the decisions made. I'll order her a Birthday Cupcake with sprinkles and a little thingamajig on top. I was so excited...in fact, I couldn't wait to bite into one of these delicious cakes, a cupcake that is. 



Gigi's Cupcakes
About an hour and a half later, I received a text indicating they were on their way to deliver the cupcakes. woohoo, I can't wait to surprise everyone with a sweet for their sweet tooth tonight. This IS what I was thinking. Knock, Knock, Knock - they've arrived!!! I waited a few minutes to ensure she had made it back to her car before I opened the door. Remember, I'm in quarantine at the house. The dog is going berserk with barking and I'm trying to no avail to quiet him down. Not only am I not feeling good, but my voice has also been compromised with the respiratory issues I'm currently dealing with. The dog finally settles down and I inch the door open to retrieve the box of goodness from Gigi's. 

Once back inside, the dog goes outside - I wash my hands and I open the sack along with the two small boxes. Oh
my...before my eyes were these amazing, wonderfully, crafted mounds of confectionary sugar and cake! My mouth drooling...I stood there leaning up against the marble countertop. I made sure that my daughter's choices were together and then I put my husband in another location. He will be surprised tonight by his sweets. 
Wedding Cake
I closed the box back up, closed the sack and went back to the couch. I let my daughter know the cupcakes had arrived and dad would drop them off after work. 

Fast forward to after work...we've eaten supper and now it's time to take part in the wonderfully crafted cupcake. I made my selection. I chose Wedding Cake. It looked like a miniature cake. The icing was swirled so high and it had these edible silver and white sprinkles splashed about it all the way down the cake itself.  My husband was being funny by putting a loose chocolate chip on the top of my selection. It was ok though...

He decided that he was going to save his selection until the next night. Not me! I have been waiting for this sweet, delicious, fluffy cupcake all day long and I'm not going to wait any longer. I took one bite - I was in sugar heaven! 



Who says being quarantined for the last 5 weeks a person can't have their cake and eat it too? 

What are you waiting for, try Gigi's next time you would like something sweet for that sweet tooth! 

It will be a while before we order again as we don't eat a lot of sweets in our house. But this simple pleasure was simply divine. I savored every single morsel of sweet, delicious, fluffy goodness! 

Have a wonderful day! 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#reviews, #Gigiscupcakes, #delicious, #sweettooth

1 comment:

  1. We go here a lot. Did yo have get the Punch Card? I like the Getman Chicolate and Italaun Cream. Charlie Chocolate.David German Chocolate or and of the Cheesecake Cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...