Wednesday, April 1, 2020

My Feet Were Made For Walking

For the month of April, I've accepted the A - Z Challenge. After pondering what kind of topics, I wanted to highlight during this challenge, I settled on crafting. Over the course of this month, each day I will write about something pertaining to the alphabet letter for that day. A - Z. There will be 4 days in the end that I'll use as random crafting spots.

Day 1: 

The letter is A - ALTERED ART

I chose to alter a shoe. I'll be using one of a set of two high-heels of my daughter.

To begin, I gently sanded and scuffed up the shoe, the sole and the heel parts. The reason I did this, was so the other mediums such as primer and paint would adhere better. 

Next, I began painting the shoe. I wanted to make something

The next step I did was decide what I wanted to do with the open area of the shoe. I decided upon turning the complete project into a ring and jewelry holder. I measured out a piece of foam, then cut it down to fit inside of the open area. I adhered it in place with wet glue. 

After the glue dried, I continued working on the shoe itself. I added fringe from the open area near the toes all the way around to the other side. At the back of the shoe, I added a purple bow with a pearl inset. I added a strand of lace over the toe area on I also adhered a strand of pearls along the open area using my hot glue gun. On the heel spike, I wrapped soft purple bling there and glue it with the hot glue gun as well.  

I finished up altering the shoe by placing large silk flowers that I had in my stash to make the shoe pop. 



Anything can be altered if you think outside of the box. I love bringing the twists and turns to my crafting projects. Sometimes, I even amaze myself! 

A to Z Challenge, this ought to be fun for the next 30 days! What do you have that you can alter? 

Happy Crafting!

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020








#AtoZChallenge, #challenge, #mixedmedia, #alteredart, #crafting, #creativity, #art, #funart, #homeschoolmoms, #homeschooling, #homeschoolactivity, #homeschoolart

1 comment:

  1. How fun and what a beautiful shoe. If I was going to alter something I would use a purse.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...