Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Y is for Yellow

29 Apr 2020
A to Z Challenge

They call me Mello Yellow...

or

So we sailed on to the sun
Till we found a sea of green
And we lived beneath the waves
In our yellow submarine

(lyric excerpt from the Beatles song, Yellow Submarine)

The sun is yellow or is it?

Flowers are yellow.

Egg yolks are yellow.

Cheese is yellow.

Clothes are yellow. Although, I don't have any in my closet! LOL

Have you figured out that today's letter in the A to Z Challenge is "Y"?

Y E L L O W

There is one day left after today in the A to Z Challenge. I can't believe it...I've managed to stay with my theme the entire month. CRAFTING - - I'm ecstatic! I have met many wonderful people by participating in the April challenge. Many of those have commented on my posts and I have commented on many.

Looking through my crafting supplies, it donned on me, I don't have many things of the yellow nature. At this moment, I am a bit red as I've been having technical issues with a new printer. I may be yellow by the time I finish with it! Equipment - - I hate when things don't work the way they are supposed to work when a button is pushed. LOL The display reads 'clear paper jam'. I've checked it through and through, turned it off, unplugged it, cleaned the rollers and nothing seems amiss. Yet the message continues to show on the display. I've wasted enough time fiddling around with the printer I need to just walk away from it. YELLOW things...Bees are yellow. Wasps are yellow. 

Paper is yellow. In fact, I have some cardstock that is in this color. 


It isn't something I normally keep in my stock. I purchased this a few months ago when I made a folio for a friend. Her colors were yellow and black. (I forgot to take pictures of the end result). UGH, I hate when I do that...

There is a yellow meated watermelon. Squash is yellow. The canaries are yellow. 

In my stash, I have yellow pencils, yellow markers, yellow distress ink, and yellow paint. I also have a yellow flower that was sent to me by a Great Aunt. I always thought I'd use it on the cover of a Junk Journal. So far, that hasn't happened. 

I also have a few sheets of yellow scrapbook paper. I have yellow ribbons and yellow lace that I dyed a few years back. Yellow is not a color I gravitate towards...but like many other colors, there are times that I do need 'yellow' something or another. 



My plan today is crafting something YELLOW. It might be in my Glue book with yellow napkins (Oh yea, I have plenty of those!) It might even be a junk journal or a Traveler's Notebook (TN) Hmmm, I do have a new laminating machine I received for Christmas that I need to try out. A TN may just be what I make in "yellow" of course...! Whatever I may just craft a giveaway! How many of you would like an opportunity of receiving a Junk Journal or a Travelers Notebook in 'yellow'? I don't think it would be completely yellow, but there would definitely be the presence of yellow in the creation of it! 

I have yellow towels. There are yellow hair ties in the drawer. The rubber duck is yellow. A school bus is yellow and so are the Taxi Cabs. Lemons are yellow but I prefer limes. Bananas are yellow and I always have some on hand. I've seen yellow butterflies before. There are also yellow fish.

I made a yellow Loaded Envelope once. It had tags, embellishments, and special little goodies inside.


But YELLOW crafting supplies? The next time I can make it to a crafting store, I'm going to browse the aisles for "yellow" crafting supplies. I may just have to pick up a few goodies to add to the rest of my stash! 

Y is for yellow! 


Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020








#AtoZChallenge, #yellow, #Yistheletter, #junkjournal, #travelersnotebook, #papercrafting, #crafting, #art, #inspiration, #yellowsupplies, #yellowstuff, #inspiration, #fun, #storytelling, #blogging


4 comments:

  1. I usually don't have yellow clothes but I have a T Shirt C bought me because he liked the Saying on ot and it has a Elephant on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No yellow clothes here, but I love to put in my paintings. It is so lovely when used well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow is a fun color. I find it cheerful. Like you, I have many crafting supplies so I'm pretty sure I could pull together a group of yellow supplies if I tried. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...