Saturday, April 25, 2020

For What It's Worth - my 2 cents!

25 Apr 2020
The Ultimate Blog Challenge

Today's prompt was sharing our 2 cents on news items. That resonated with me as I'm 'not' one who will sit for hours on end watching the news one after the other. I do good to get in one thirty-minute broadcast a day. My mom and dad could sit from 4:00 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. watching news after news and that didn't account for the morning news or the one at noon. No thank you! I find news to be full of gloom and doom...and there is enough negativity in the world, that I feel I don't need to waste my time watching it being broadcast on National tv. But with that said...I'll bite at today's prompt.

The other day one of our local news stations interviewed several people who had recovered from the COVID 19. They were sharing their story of how they have been dealing with this for the last 3 weeks and now they are in recovery. My first thought was, are you sure you had the horrendous illness and how do you know you've recovered so quickly? I say this, because I've been tested positive and have been dealing with this stuff since the middle of February and I'm just now getting where I can say, I'm coming out of it. Yet, I still have breathing issues, the cough from time to time, the zapped energy and bouts of wheezing, not to mention the pains I've experienced since the "YES" factor came into play. I wanted to call the news right then and there and pose a question to the person they were interviewing!

I try 'not' to be a negative person - and I must admit that being sick for the last 50 plus days has begun to take a toll, not only physically - but mentally as well. If I could figure out 'how' these people recovered so fast, don't you think others would want to know that secret as well? I have to say, I'm somewhat on the fence to actually believing someone only dealt with the wretched COVID 19 illness for three weeks or less and if that is INDEED the case, then more power to them.

The other thing I would like to discuss is "if" the powers that be have put in place - - ALL people must cover their face with masks when they are in a public environment - then why isn't that being upheld? I mean c'mon...just today, I ventured out to Walmart with my husband to pick up a few things - I was donning my mask AND my gloves. The worker at the door wasn't letting people through the doors until the person in front of them was at least 6 ft ahead. Yet, person after person was without a mask. Yet, just as soon as one of these individuals come down with symptoms, they are going to be the first ones to complain that more wasn't being done for their safety. Things like this just irk me to no end...even on the news, you see people with no masks when they show public places. Then the City Mayor makes a statement like this, "if you see someone in public not adhering to the protocol of covering their face, remind them they are supposed to be wearing one". NO THANK YOU!!! I value my life thank you very much City Mayor...I'm not about to get in harm's way at the hands of some other person who thinks they are above the law and can do whatever the heck they want to do - - yet, come at someone who is abiding within the premise of "if one MUST be out and about, then cover the face". How hard is it?

That's okay - - I'm going to continue being quarantined...I can't take stupidity on other people's part. I'm off my soapbox now...

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020








#Ultimateblogchallenge, #UBC, #challenge, #BlogBoost, #life, #thoughts, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...