Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Crystal Ball

21 Apr 2020
Ultimate Blog Challenge

I wish at times I had a crystal ball to gaze the future. This way, I could prepare for what was to come instead of feeling like at times I'm blindsided. How many of you feel like this? I would treat it like preparation instead of doom and gloom. I'm one who likes to be organized, prepared, and ready to do the task at hand. Procrastination is 'not' in my blood...! 

The latter part of February before I got extremely sick, I purchased 20 bulbs to plant in our yard in memory of my mom. She passed away on Feb. 28 of this year after her Cancer returned. She had been in remission for the last 10 years. On March 1st, I landed myself in the hospital for 2 1/2 weeks (asthma exacerbation, tested positive for RSV and the Flu test, was negative). Since my discharge, I have been on strict quarantine since. Continuing to have difficulties with new symptoms surfacing daily, my doctor decided to test me for COVID-19 three weeks ago. Seven days later I received the results. POSITIVE!!! Yes, I could have used that crystal ball in this moment...my mom dies, I'm deathly ill and life comes to a HALT

Spring has come and the days are becoming warmer and warmer and the bulbs sit on the table. The thirst of the ground is being quenched by the rain showers that have been popping up and yet, no bulbs are in the ground. Daily, I look at these two packages of flower bulbs I wanted to plant in my mom's memory. I don't have the strength or the energy to go out and dig the holes for these beautiful flowers. 


We have been fortunate with my husband still working. He has also been helping with things around the house in the evenings when he gets off work. Each weekend for the last several weeks, it has either been extremely cold or raining. The bulbs continue to sit on the table. I sigh...

This last weekend, it started out rainy - but the day was salvaged. The sun was shining it was warming things up. My husband went outside, grabbed his shovel and began working on the bulbs!!! I was very excited. I grabbed my camera and said, 'wait - I have to blog this!'. 

There is an old tree stump in the front yard that I am going to do something with for yard art. I also have an old wheelbarrow sitting in the back that will eventually make its way to the front yard by that old stump. I want to put flowers in it too! If I had that crystal ball, I could see into the future of how it's going to look - - I must get well to make these things happen! I'm the one with the green thumb, NOT my husband!! He sees a wheelbarrow, not yard art! LOL Guess that's why I'm the crafter in the family. I think outside of the box. 

The tree stump is a perfect place to plant the bulbs we bought. My husband dug the holes around the stump. Leaving enough room for the old wheelbarrow in the future. 

 














He carefully placed each bulb in the holes he dug. (There are two different areas we planted them in). 


The bulbs are finally in the ground and I hope in the future (Summer sometime) we will be enjoying the beauty of the Lilies in memory of my mom. When I put the wheelbarrow near the tree stump, I'm going to plant flowers that my mom liked. It will be the flower garden she never had. 

I don't have a crystal ball to look into the future, but that's probably for the best!!! 

I love you, mom!!! 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020









#Challenge, #Ultimateblogchallenge, #UBC, #BlogBoost, #flowers, #gardening, #inspiration, #memoryofmom, #life, #death

6 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss! I lost my mom, too, and miss her so much. And like you, I wish I had a crystal ball, because there are so many times, when, if I knew what was coming, I would have done things differently so I could be prepared. Hope you will feel all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom was hospitalized last week and I didn't know until yesterday, when she was being transferred to a rehab hospital. Planting and being in our garden is so helpful during sad and stressful times. I bought a new houseplant and am "multiplying" others. Today during a livestream I showed the tiniest wild flowers on/in my front lawn.

    Love to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the layout of the bulbs are, they will be beautiful when they bloom and your mom will be looking down smiling at her garden. Hugs to you and hope you are getting stronger each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fear if we had a crystal ball, we'd end up missing out on all of life's surprises and pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is true...I for one am glad I don't have a crystal ball, but once in awhile it would be nice to have a head's up! LOL

      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  5. I'm with you - an occasional head's up would be nice, but a crystal ball would be dangerous!
    I'm so sorry about the loss of your mom. You've had quite a year. I lost my mom almost 4 years ago, and I still want to pick up the phone and call her, then remember she isn't there. I don't think that feeling will ever go away.
    I'm reading your posts backwards, so I'm getting information about your illnesses backwards as well! When you read comments later in time and you wonder why I'm so dense, this would be one reason!

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...