Wednesday, April 8, 2020

The Letter is H

April 9, 2020
A to Z Challenge H = Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Today the letter is H. After thinking about the theme I chose for the challenge, I thought about the name I chose for my crafting creations. It starts with the letter H and there is significant meaning behind the name. 


HEART TO HEART SOUL CREATIONS


As a teenager, I began clipping words, phrases, and pictures out of newspapers and magazines. Tha'st was how I crafted back then! I've always loved art - but I was never good at painting, drawing, or much anything else until a very dark time in my life...

In 2005, I went through a very traumatic ordeal in life that created a great deal of mental, emotional, and physical pain and angst. This ordeal changed me inwardly and outwardly. I was lost. I didn't even know who I was anymore. I was in the darkest place of my life that I had ever been in before. It was an abyss. 

I had seen some mosaic crosses made from broken tiles and I thought to myself, "wouldn't that feel good to be able to break something and not be looked at a certain way". I acquired some tiles, grout, paint, and, some boards and I went to breaking. Before I knew it, I had created something beautiful from my heart and soul that had hidden meanings in them. After all, I wasn't trying to make anything special, I was just piddling around in order to get my mind off the dire situation so that possibly, I could break the cycle of pain and despair I was feeling. 

When my husband hung up one of the boards - I stared at it and suddenly the word, "HOPE" jumped off of it and I started yelling, "do you see that"? The word, HOPE is on the board...in that very moment, I knew my God had not forsaken me during this dark time and He was so ever near to me. A few days later, 3 more boards came to life. FAITH, LOVE, and DREAM. 
one of the crosses I made

After the boards, I started making mosaic crosses. I found joy in breaking the tiles and creating beautiful pieces of art, even if I, myself felt broken. I put the newspapers and magazines away because I just experienced a new form of art - Altered Art/Mixed Media, whatever you wanted to call it back then. To me it was new and it was art! 

When I started crafting many, many years ago - it was from a place of pain. Both mental and emotional. I used crafting to cope with the pain I felt internally. Today, when I craft, I create from my heart and soul - whether it's happy, dark times, sad times or full of joy and laughter - thus - Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020) came into existence. 

Whether it's scrapbook layouts, tags, cards, mixed media, altered art, pocket letters, loaded envelopes, or junk journals of any theme imaginable - I craft for enjoyment. I craft from my heart and soul - I give life to something as simple as a paperclip. 

H2hsc2020 was founded on the Word of God. God IS the reason I live and breathe today. I learned a long time ago, the true meaning of forgiveness. I learned resilience through abandonment. I learned how to survive when others said I wouldn't. It was ALL because of God's grace, forgiveness, protection, guidance, comfort, and loving me just the way I am. I won't apologize for my faith and when I craft for others, I speak blessings into everything I create for them. It is from my heart and soul to theirs. 

Today, H2hsc2020 has many more meanings than just crafting. I enjoy walking with my ancestors by way of Genealogy. I guess you could call me, the family Genealogist! LOL - I enjoy visiting cemeteries, taking photographs of the headstones, learning of the history and meeting new family I never knew I had by way of DNA testing. I love perusing the photos of yesterday in hopes of possibly finding a family member who I have yet to know. 

Through crafting and genealogy, I decided to begin a blog in order to share my interests with others of my passion through these wonderful outlets. I live today from a place of resilience because of my life experiences. My motto is, "if I can instill hope to another human being who might be mentally or emotionally hurting, living in a dark place internally, feels they are unlovable, dealing with depression or another mental health issue, going through a traumatic experience, and thinking life isn't worth living anymore - then I've done what I'm supposed to do."  

I'm the evidence that things do turn around for people - - BUT, we must put the work into it. We can't expect a different result by doing the same routine day in and day out...we MUST shake it up and flip that switch called life"! 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020



Facebook - H2hsc2020
Twitter - #H2hsc2020
Instagram - Heart to Heart Soul Creations


#AtoZChallenge, #truestory, #life, #meaningbehindthename, #theletterH, #mixedmedia, #alteredart, #mentalhealth, #recovery, #resiliency, #forgiveness, #blogboost

1 comment:

  1. I used to make word collages in high school. It was very therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...