Saturday, April 25, 2020

V is for Vellum

25 Apr 2020
A to Z Challenge
V is for Vellum

Continuing with crafting as my theme, today's letter is V. When I craft, from time to time I use Vellum in my projects.

This particular product is a bit tricky when I want to adhere it to something. Normal adhesives will not secure it on the project. I use vellum as an overlay in many of my projects because of this very reason. Using vellum on a scrapbook layout takes a little bit of creativity to secure it in place. Sometimes I will use assorted brads to secure the corners of the vellum sheets to the paper and that works great! I have also sewed vellum into my layouts. The only downside of sewing - that may leave holes in the vellum and sewing may cause the vellum to rip or tear.

Many times, I have to get creative with the way I secure the vellum on the projects I'm creating. For instance, on the tag below, the area that says, "Music is the voice of the Soul" - that is a piece of vellum. I remember trying double-sided tape. That didn't work. I tried wet adhesive, that didn't work. In fact, I recall trying several different types of glue. I ended up taking a Q-Tip and dabbing some E6000 on the tip and sparingly placed the glue around the edges and down the center of the vellum piece. It worked well.


Music is the Voice of the Soul tag I made a few years back

There are several different types of vellum in my crafting supplies. I have 12 x 12 single sheets that have designs on them. I have sheets of vellum that are off white, white, and colored ones. Several years ago, I acquired several books of vellum through a haul I snagged on Facebook Marketplace a few years ago. They are 8 1/2 x 11 sheets and very beautiful.











I enjoy crafting with the vellum sheets as they bring another dimension to my crafting projects.

V is for VELLUM. 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020




#AtoZChallenge, #papercrafting, #art, #creativity, #vellum, #letterV, #inspiration, #scrapbooking, #mixedmedia

2 comments:

  1. I have never used Vellum, sounds like it's a little bit tricky to use! Love your music tag, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used vellum, but if YOU have trouble getting it to stick to a project, there's no hope for me! Glad the E6000 and baby gay worked for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...