Tuesday, April 28, 2020

X is for eXcellent

28 Apr 2020
A to Z Challenge
X is for eXcellent, eXact and eXploratory


I can't believe we are almost at the end of April and the A to Z Challenge. This was my first time participating in the Blogging A to Z Challenge. I have had a blast! I've met some amazing individuals from around the world. Not to mention taking part in reading many eXcellent blogs.  I enjoy seeing the many variations of writing skills, themes, content, and, photos.

Today's letter is X. Oh my...as I sit here and rack my brain on something in the crafting world with this particular letter, it has proven to be quite difficult. Don't fret though because I have come up with a plan.

Anytime I'm crafting, measurements have to be eXact. If not, my projects might be out of kilter. For instance, if I'm working on a junk journal and it is an 8 1x2 x 11 size - I don't want my cover to be 6 x 5. In some instances that might work, but more times than not - it isn't. eXact measurements with a ruler, a paper trimmer, a sewing mat are key to creating a beautiful creation.

When I want to eXplore something I know nothing about in crafting, I do my research. I watch YouTube videos, and I browse Pinterest. If I can't find what I'm looking for, I will post questions to other crafters. eXploratory preparation is oftentimes needed especially if I am wanting to craft something for the first time.

I'll never forget when I was introduced to a Traveler's Notebooks (TN). I had no idea what I was doing. I needed a crafters' map. There were so many different parts to crafting one of these handy notebooks. The cover, the signatures, the dashboard, the shaker page, and the list goes on and on. Once I made one -I had it down. I ended up making over 100 TN's for the members in my crafting group. I used the Theodosia paper line. (Vintage). I had a blast. Each one was different.  They are so easy and fun to make. They can be compleX or easy. That depends on the individual. Here are a few photos from this project.


eXploring new techniques, new crafts, and learning how to put my own twists and turns into them is eXciting for me. Being eXcellent at what I craft is eXtremely important as well. I don't want to craft something that looks like I've just thrown it together. I can't tell you how many times I've had to scratch something and start all over. I take pride in my crafty creations and I still haven't achieved being the 'very' best at what I create, but I am an eXperienced crafter and I take pride in the quality of my work. I strive to learn something new daily...my motto is, "if I'm not learning - then I'm not growing".

Be eXcellent in all that you do. Be eXact in what you want. eXplore what you don't know.

Today's letter is X.

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020








#AtoZChallenge, #letterX, #papercrafting, #inspiration, #art

2 comments:

  1. Crafting with X C says to us X-Rays in Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great set of "X" words related to crafting. Those Traveler's Notebooks look interesting. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...