Monday, April 27, 2020

W is for WASHI Tape

27 Apr 2020
A to Z Challenge
W is for Washi Tape


My WASHI collection

Today's letter in the A to Z Challenge is W. Staying with the crafting theme I chose for this challenge, w is easy for me. WASHI tape!!!! I had never even heard of washi tape until 3 years ago when my daughter bought me a few rolls from the Target dollar bins. oh my, I was in heaven and I needed to get more of these amazing rolls of tape! 

Washi tape is unlike scotch tape because once you place it on a project, it can easily be moved to another position. It is kind of like masking tape, tears easily and doesn't leave a residue behind. Washi tape is thin, durable, and made of natural fibers like hemp and bamboo.  I have found washi tape in just about any store in some way, form, or fashion. They can be in single strips, or in rolls like above. Washi tape can be narrow, wide, and in every color and theme, a person can think of. They ARE amazing and fun to use in crafting projects! What's even better is they are INEXPENSIVE!!! 

I've used washi tape on scrapbook layouts, on cards, on tags, in mixed media. I've even used washi tape in my glue books like this page. (I'm no Michael D'Angelo, so please don't laugh at my artwork!) LOL

I have two different strips of washi tape on this page. One at the to that says, "HELLO SUNSHINE" and one at the bottom that says, " LIVE - LOVE - LAUGH". 

A glue book page of mine

 I placed these strips on the page to show them. 

I enjoy having washi tape in my crafting supplies and I'm guilty, when I go into stores now - I look for unusual rolls of washi tape that I can add to my crafting supplies. 

Have fun crafting with washi!!!


W is for WASHI TAPE 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

#AtoZChallenge, #washitape, #papercrafting, #art, #gluebooks, #crafting, #inspiration, #creativity

4 comments:

  1. Great to find your blog! AtoZer over at Katy Trail Creations. I'll visit again and check out your previous posts :)
    https://katytrailcreations.com/2020/04/27/we-write-letter-w/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Washi! I used it for so many things too -- labels, and to seal the back of envelopes . . . I have a bowlful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using washi tape in my craft projects. There are so many wonderful colors and patterns. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...