Thursday, April 16, 2020

Reminiscing the 70's

16 Apr 2020
Ultimate Blog Challenge

This morning when I opened my email from Paul, I was reading the daily prompt asking us to 'get out of our niche' and write about our favorite movie. It also asked us to say if it inspired us to do something different. The email also said that David Soul had the #1 Pop Song, "Don't Give Up On Us Baby". Thanks, Paul -- I've been singing that song ever since I read the email.

Thinking about this song, I immediately thought back to my summers at the swimming pool with all of my friends in the '70s. I thought about this person, that person and wondered where they were today. Praying and hoping they are all safe.

After finishing my blog for the A to Z Challenge - I actually crafted while writing the post- I have literally been wiped out ever since. I'm still dealing with COVID-19 personally. No worries though, I'm having a few good moments throughout the day, but I still have a ways to go before I'm 100% and cleared to be around people.

Still thinking about the earlier email and wanting to write from the prompt today - I have been racking my brain on what is my favorite movie or favorite song from yesterday. I suppose my favorite song from back in the day is by the Bee Gees, "Stayin' Alive". Then the movie came out, Saturday Night Fever with John Travolta being the lead actor. There you have it. Song and Movie!!! LOL - nailed it...

Picture this if you will...Tony Manero played by Travolta - -strutting down the streets of Brooklyn to the tune of "Stayin' Alive'.

I'm reminded of Jr. High dances when we thought the 'bump' was cool and they even did the bump in the movie, did you catch that?

I just have to say, when Tony Manera hit the dance floor in that white suit - that's all it took for me to swoon over John Travolta back in the 70s! I guess, hubs and I are going to watch Saturday Night Fever tonight on tv followed by, Urban Cowboy with Travolta and DebraWinger.

Now that I'm humming the song "Looking For Love In All the Wrong Places" that's my reminiscing of the '70s. I've NEVER hit the bars in hope of finding love - but I HAVE had a few laughs this afternoon reminiscing my teen years!

At this point, I'm just trying to 'stay alive'!!!

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020









#BlogBoost, #70smusic, #reminiscing, #Ultimateblogchallenge, #memories

3 comments:

  1. LOVE 70s music!! Thanks for letting me reminisce for a moment. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. I graduated high school in 1970.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the time the '70's came around I was already married and had a baby with our second one on the way. I too get a song stuck in my head and start singing in wherever I am!

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...