Friday, April 24, 2020

Up Close and Personal - So Close and Yet So Far Away

24 Apr 2020
Ultimate Blog Challenge
Up Close and Personal, So Close and Yet So Far Away

Up close and personal - so close to Nonnie, yet so far away. It has been seven weeks to the day since I have been this close to my grandson thanks to my hospitalization and being tested positive for RSV two weeks after he was born. Upon my discharge from the hospital, a few weeks later - I tested positive for COVID 19. 

Out of safety and concern for my daughter and her new little family, I have been out of sight of this little guy's world since March 1st. We stay in touch regularly through skyping and an occasional wave from the back porch. They live next door to us. In fact, they had just finished moving in the weekend I hit the hospital for two and a half weeks. 

Today, I opened the back door to let our fur baby out. His name is Koda. He is a mixture of Jack Russel and Chihuahua. When I looked out the door, I saw my daughter, her husband, and my grandson as well as their fur babies standing in the back yard. I had told my daughter earlier on the telephone, they should take Caiden for a stroll in his stroller so he could benefit from some Vitamin D (sunshine).  



Waving towards the kids, they begin making their way towards the fence that separates our yard to theirs. I walked down our steps...we all inched closer to the fence. I was excited to see my grandson so close, yet so far away. 

My son in law with his son
We all got closer to the fence making casual conversation. Asking how their day was, what have they been doing to stay busy - you know, those types of conversations. We talked about the horseshoe pits that G'pa is putting in the yard. Where we might put the pool eventually, etc. The casual conversation so close and yet so far away...I told Caiden Nonnie needed to get him some sunglasses and a hat to cover his head. He kept closing his eyes as the sun was extremely bright. 

My son in law has been working from home for the last few weeks. Honestly, this has been a Godsend since I have been so sick and not able to help my daughter with her little bundle of joy. Although, this Nonnie would have rather been with them...I just could not be for health and safety reasons.

My daughter is gearing up her business to start working again as soon as the ban is lifted. She is a professional wedding photographer in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX area.

Here we were, at the fence - - visiting. I was admiring my grandson and talking to him...my heart was so excited!!! My daughter said, "you sound better'. Yes, I do...each day I am getting stronger and stronger, but still have a way to go. 

Hopefully, soon, we can spend time together cooking out, sitting on the patio, playing in the pool, or having a fun night of family games without being concerned about COVID 19 and its gripping effects on lives. 

Up close and personal, so close, and yet so far away...

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

#Blogbloost, #ultimateblogchallenge, #family, #resilience, #love, #upcloseandpersonal, #COVID19, #recoveryfromillness, #inspiration, #HOPE


5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to visit in person! I'm also glad that you are getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see him closer! Hope you will be able to hold him soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize they lived next door to you! That must be a good thing and bad. Good that they are close and you can at least seem your grandson but I'm sure it's hurting you not being have to cuddle. He will be the most loved and cuddled little guy as soon as all this is over. Hugs to you and get feeling better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it must be so difficult to be unable to hold your new grandson. I'm glad you were able to have a somewhat closer encounter with him in the yard. He's adorable! Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow! I didn't realize you had RSV (which I honestly did not know an adult could even GET, and it ran rampant through our child care center this winter), let alone COVID 19! Bless your heart! If you told me, I somehow missed it. Having your kids and grandson next door is bittersweet - so close, and yet so very far away.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...