Thursday, March 26, 2020

Make Your Own Holiday

Did you know that you can Create a Holiday spread the word and celebrate it when the day comes? If you want to make it official, you may have to talk to your local representative - only an official act of the legislature or government can make a holiday a national day.
What I'd give to be sitting on a beach right now
With everyone on at a standstill today because of the Coronavirus-COVID19, what better time than now to 'make your own holiday"! 

How interesting that today is "Fun Holiday - Make Up Your Own Holiday Day" 

Think about the memories you could make with your family members because of social distancing. What would it look like? What would you call it? Is it something you would hold year after year like a tradition? 

Webster's Dictionary defines the word Holiday as a Noun and lists it like this:  

1. Holy Day
2. a day on which one is exempt from work
3. vacation or going somewhere
4. a period of exemption or relief


So, let me get this straight if I was to establish a holiday for my family today it might look like something like this: 

  • Online Church, including Praise and Worship Holiday
  • Avoid Social Distancing Holiday
  • STAY IN YOUR HOMES Holiday
  • No Work Today Holiday (remember, I can't leave my house)
  • Bills - NOT Going to Happen Holiday (no work, no money to pay them!)
  • I'm Hungry Holiday (can't leave the house, grocery stores have empty aisles)
  • Rip Van Winkle Holiday (all I have is time - might as well sleep) THIS would be my husband...that's all he ever wants to do! LOL
  • Shopping, ONLY if it's Online Holiday
  • Toilet Paper Holiday (My dad would be zoning in on the USE 1 square sheet rule now). WOW - I hated when he would tell us that growing up...what a memory...thanks, dad! 
  • Got Milk Holiday
  • Let's Hold a Family Fashion Show Holiday
  • Family Heritage Holiday (know your ancestors?)
  • Let's Celebrate our Pets Holiday
  • QUARANTINE - Stay 6 ft away Holiday (don't get around mom's droplets!)
  • Trivia Pursuit Family-Style Holiday (games families play)
  • Gardening as A Family Holiday (I'll NEVER go hungry again)
  • Crafting, Crafting, Crafting Holiday
  • Streaming Binge Holiday
  • Let's FLIP our House Holiday (I just did two rooms, I'll pass!)
  • I Can Name That Tune Holiday (I never knew there were so many songs on playlists)
  • Makeover Holiday (grab the curlers, the curling iron, the clippers, the make-up, the hair dyes and look in the closet for something fancy to wear)
  • Autobody Holiday (honey, it's time for a brake change - do it yourself 101- I'll YouTube it) OH SNAP, all the car part stores are closed!!! LOL
  • The Smith Family Food Competition Holiday (watch out Chopped, Cutthroat Kitchen and Guy's Grocery Games) - there's some want to be NEW cooks in the house!
  • Family Game Night Holiday or DAY at that!
  • Junk Food Junkie - Let's See How Fast We Can Eat All the Snacks in the House holiday (if only I had junk food here). 
  • Garage Organization Holiday 
  • Buttons, Let's Color Code Them Holiday
  • Paper Stash Holiday (let's count how many papers mom has in her crafting room)
  • JUNK Holiday - It's Time to Destash Holiday
These are a few I'd come up with and I'm sure my husband would have a few of his own - they'd look like this: 
  • How to Lure the Big Buck in Holiday
  • Public Hunting Lands in Texas Holiday
  • You Say Hunt, I Say Where Holiday
  • Catch the Big One Fishing Holiday
  • Sleep Holiday (remember, he loves sleeping)
  • Let's Make A Cheeseball Holiday (I'll grab the crackers, oh snap - we don't have snack food - remember!)
  • Binge Watching Anything Avengers, Godzilla, Thor and all these other types of shows Holiday (regardless of HOW many times he has watched them before) UGH LOL
With all the 'free' time on your hands, these days...what kind of holiday or holidays will you create? 

I'm off to establish the Holiday "Crafting, Crafting, Crafting" and "Family Heritage History" now for my family. 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2Hsc2020








#UltimateBlogChallenge, #relaxation, #restandrelaxation, #funtimes, #inspiration, #memories

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. Don't spend all your money sending greeting cards celebrating them, either!

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...