Friday, March 20, 2020

Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup - That's What's For Supper Tonight

When it's chilly outside, I love making soups, casseroles and such...well, today once again - it's raining here in the Dallas/Ft Worth, TX area. The heater is on low to keep the chill in the air off and the crockpot is on the counter.

My husband had thawed chicken out yesterday but didn't cook it all for last night's meal. I told him I'd do something with it today...and that's exactly what I've done. SOUP~~~~

From time to time I find myself perusing Pinterest for recipes of something or another and awhile back, my daughter had made a Crockpot Chicken Enchilada soup that was delicious!!! A bit spicy for me, but it was amazing. That sounded good for tonight's supper so on the hunt for a recipe I went.

I looked at several different pins with regard to Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup...I finally settled on one from a pinner I hadn't followed in the past.

The recipe I settled on was "Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup" from shugarysweets.com.

I gathered all of the ingredients from her recipe. The only thing we were out of was Cumin - so I replaced that with fajita seasoning. (Cumin has been added to the grocery list of things needed for a future shopping run!). 

I placed my crockpot liner in the crock - these things are amazing! They make clean up a breeze...I've only been using this since this past Christmas.

I placed the chicken breasts inside of the crockpot - I added the seasonings called for...lime juice, salt, and cumin (replaced with fajita seasoning). I'm going to let this cook for a couple of hours before adding the rest of the ingredients. I have the crockpot on low and will cook the first part for about 2 hours before adding the rest of the ingredients.




I chose to leave some of the fat on the chicken breast to create natural juices for it to cook in. The only thing I have added so far is the lime juice. I will eventually make some chicken broth to add in there.

After I cook this for a couple of hours, I will shred the chicken with my Pampered Chef Chef Salad Chopper.  I will then add some broth, one can of black beans, one can of corn, one large can of enchilada sauce, and any other spices needed according to the recipe. (I don't think there are any - unless I add chili flakes or something along those lines).

Once the chicken has been shredded and the remaining ingredients have been added - I'll continue to let the crockpot do it's magic for about 4 - 5 more hours.

We will serve up a bowl of a delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup on a cold and wet day.

As garnishments, we may add a dollop of sour cream, a sliced up avocado, a sprinkle of cheese, a few tortilla chips or even some fresh cilantro or sliced jalapenos.

I can't wait to sip on a spoon full of this goodness tonight!!!

These are my views taken from shugarysweets recipe.

Good eats and enjoy! 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations 
H2hsc2020



2 comments:

  1. This sounds so yummy--I use my crockpot all the time so I will definitely give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. I will make this Soup and being the only one who eats it freeze the Leftovers for lunch on a cold rainy day

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...