Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Waffle and Pecan Day 2020

Today IS Waffle Day!!!! It falls on March 25th each year.
Waffles 

Waffles and pecans seem like they could go hand in hand. I didn't realize but today is Waffle AND Pecan Day! 

I don't know about you from time to time, I enjoy a waffle. I'm not big on Pecans, but I will eat them occasionally. We have a large Pecan tree in the back yard. Those that we don't pick up during the harvest, the squirrels and other critters enjoy. Including the fur babies. 

There won't be many folks venturing out to the local Waffle Houses, Pancake House, or other restaurants that might serve up a serving of waffles due to the Coronavirus. But why should that stop us from eating waffles at home? It shouldn't...

I've often seen recipes and other posts showing waffles and chicken. I've never tried that myself. I may just do that tonight for supper. My husband put the chicken out to begin thawing for supper and I think we still have our waffle iron (not sure about syrup though - because he made pancakes this last Sunday for breakfast) so maybe that's what will be on the menu. We don't eat pancakes often, but I was in the mood for one this past weekend. 

On the waffles, one could serve up a helping hand of chopped up pecans, blueberries (my favorite), strawberries, peaches - might spray it with some whipped cream or even throw some cool whip on top. You might want to smother it in peanut butter or anything else you can imagine. Now I'm getting hungry! I think I would probably want an egg of some kind setting off to the side. Whether it be over medium, sunny side up, scrambled, or even boiled - that would give some protein. 

If we made the chicken, we wouldn't need another type of meat such as bacon, sausage, country ham. In fact, I don't even think we have any of those options in our fridge or freezer currently. 

Waffles can be made in all sorts of shapes. I've seen them cute for the kiddos and I've seen them thick and square (like the ones I eat). I especially like eating them right from the waffle iron, oozing with a pad of butter, the sticky - gooey syrup and yum, yum...are you hungry now? 

Then there are the Belgium Waffles. I honestly don't think I've eaten one. I always thought they were just a glorified waffle...guess I'll have to research that one! :-) 

Since most restaurant's dining rooms are closed for business, grab those cookbooks, recipes or look a recipe up online and cook up a heaping mound of waffles today for breakfast, lunch, or supper! 


Enjoy! 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020








#Waffles, #goodfood, #eating, #food, #cooking, #inthekitchen,

2 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of Belgian (BelGem) waffles! But I lack a waffle iron. And, I just heard that Waffle House is closing all their stores. Some Waffle Day celebration there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to eat Waffles a lot as a child. But I can't even remember the last time I had one. As for Chicken and Waffles Charlie and my Nephew like getting this at IHop. Pecans and Walnuts are my go to Snacks.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...