Thursday, June 11, 2020

Day 11 Color of the Day is Turquoise

June 11th and the Color of the Day is Turquoise. While sitting on the back porch this morning and listening to the chorus of the birds, I read another blog and commented on it that I was going to have to dig deep around my house to find this particular color. Pondering where I might find something in Blue, Green, Bluish-green seemed to perplex me.

As I got up to come into the house, I noticed our camping chairs on the lower part of the patio. The lightbulb went off in my head. Oh, yea, we had recently bought our daughter, Hannah a new chair so when her family comes over, they would have something to sit in on the patio. We bought this one because of her love for Tacos -- but guess what? It is a shade of Turquoise!!!!




As I walked into the house, my eye caught this...we found this gem at a Thrift Store before the Coronavirus hit. I completely forgot about it being in a blemished Turquoise color. I have it hanging just outside of our back door on the patio.





As I looked around the house, I found even more things that are the Color of the Day. I have this canvas hanging in my craft room. It was sent to me by a fellow crafter. It has Turquoise in it! 

I continued my hunt for items of Turquoise nature, I found this gem hanging above my bed. Hannah and her husband brought this back to me from one of their Cruise trips out of the Country. It is very delicate. Those are shells that you see hanging on it. 





I made this canvas a few years back. It was my first ever Mixed Media creation. I love it!!! It is hanging in our hall. 


I guess Turquoise was not that hard to come by after all. As I sat down to write this post, I opened my desk drawer only to find this beauty. I stuck it in the drawer to put it with the rest of my jewels that I craft with. It is a hair clip, but it is going to be finding its way to the cover of Junk Journal soon. 




What do you see in a Turquoise color? I bet if you look around, you might be surprised by what you find. 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020


Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)




#Coloroftheday, #challenge, #Turquoise, #decor, #inspiration, #crafting, #mixedmedia, #alteredart, @themommiesreview

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the turquoise shell hanger! And you thought you would have a hard time finding turquoise, you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Martha...after I commented on your post and saw the 2 items right off the bat, I chuckled. Then as I walked through the house and saw more - -I chuckled even more. Yes, that shell hanger is amazing.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...