Saturday, June 20, 2020

day 21 The Color of the Day is NEON

It is day 21 in the Color of the Day Challenge. The daily prompt is NEON. I have paint that is Neon in color. In fact, it glows in the dark too! 



I used this on the canvas I made for my Grandson at Eastertime. I painted over the letters with it.  

I have brighter colored paints, but they are not Neon. 

Have you ever worn anything Neon colored? If so, tell me about it. 

Tie-dyed shirts come to my mind on this, but not sure they qualify for Neon. (laughing out loud)

We had some friends over a few days ago and he was wearing a bright lime green / yellow shirt and a pair of shorts to match. To me that was Neon - they were bright enough. I do not think he glowed. I told him I needed my shades as he was blinding! (laughing out loud)

What about those bright NEON signs? They hurt my eyes if I look at them long enough. Those types of signs can be found in Pool Halls, Bowling Allies, Gaming Stores, Garages, Sports Facilities, and other establishments around town. My dad had a few out in our three-car garage when I was growing up. They never worked though. He always said, 'he was working on them'! (laughing out loud) 

Funny thing is dad was always 'working on things' never finishing a one and that three-car garage, that was a joke as only one car would fit in there as there was so much 'stuff' that there was a narrow path to walk in and the same narrow path to walk out. I think my dad was a hoarder. He would have made it on that show back in the day! I sure have been reminiscing a lot of old memories lately by things I have been writing. I guess that is why they are called, "triggers". That old garage scared the be-jitters out of me with all that stuff he had in there. 

I will share a story with you about some of his 'stuff' in that three-car garage. He worked for the School District when I was a teenager. Well, they had had a fire at one of the warehouses or something or another. My dad, being who he was - - (love you dad and miss you greatly - Happy Father's Day in Heaven by the way)...brought home this thing! I will describe it to you because the first time I walked in that garage and seen that "thing" standing in the corner I let out a scream,  turned around, and ran back into the house. My heart was beating 90 miles an hour and probably even more! I am sure everyone in the house was laughing at me because I know I was white as a ghost after that ordeal! 

This 'thing' was a burned female mannequin. I will never forget the darkened face and the singed hair on that thing...it was covered in soot. My sister and I still talk about that 'thing' to this day. We never did learn why dad brought it home. (at least I do not know why). All I know, it looked like Carrie (the movie). Yea, I do not want to ever see that thing ever again or the movie! 

Neon is the color. What do you have that is Neon? 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020


Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#Coloroftheday, #challenge, #cotd, #Neon, #inspiration, #humor, #storytelling, #memories, #allaboutdad, #hoarding, #laughter, #papercrafting, #mixedmedia, #alteredart, #crafting, @themommiesreview

4 comments:

  1. What a story about the garage and dad! The neon days are a challenge in themselves but so far so good for me. The only neon I remember wearing is my orange face mask when we rode ournHarleys b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, let me tell you...that garage was evil with all capital letters! that mannequin was something else. LOL

      Orange face mask...have any pics of that?

      Delete
  2. I remember the original neon lights. The ones that sputtered and fluttered. Nowadays what we call neon lights are totally devoid of neon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yea, I remember those neon signs you referred to. I also thought they were going to short out and start fires. LOL

      Thanks for reading and leaving a comment!

      Delete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...