Wednesday, June 24, 2020

day 25 Color of the Day is Fuchsia

We are almost to the end of June and that means we are on the home stretch in the Color of the Day Challenge. Today's color is Fuchsia

Did you know that Fuchsia was a purplish red color? I did not. I always thought it was pink! 

According to the World Wide Web, 
Fuchsia  - pronounced (/ˈfjuːʃə/, FEW-shə) is a vivid purplish-red color, named after the color of the flower of the fuchsia plant, which was named so by a botanist, Charles Plumier after the 16th-century German botanist Leonhart Fuchs.

I have crafted many things in Fuchsia. I find it to be a very pretty color even though I always thought it was pink. 


Meet my BFF. I created this scrapbook layout for her several years ago. Her favorite color is pink, but this paper had more Fuchsia tones than pink. 


Here is a picture of another layout I did on Friendship. The colors were Fuchsia.


I have made Christmas Tree Toppers that have had a color like Fuchsia. I always thought it was hot pink! I suppose it could fall into the color wheel of Fuchsia. What do you think? Yes or no?  




I enjoy making handmade envelopes. I found one that I made for Christmas several years ago. Purplish-red, I think this fall into those parameters. 



Several years ago, I inherited a few things from an Aunt. I had no idea she crafted. Among the many crafting supplies, I received - this beauty was in there. It is called a Collage Mat. There were some in an Asian theme, one in Vintage Notes and Postcards, then there was this one pictured. Is it not just beautiful? Look at those flowers! I used this in a Junk Journal I made for a particularly good friend. 


Loaded Envelopes are one of my most favorite things to craft. I found one that has purplish-red paper used. I embellished it with the flowers and ribbon in the purplish-red colors. This Loaded Envelope was my favorite. I have made many in a variety of themes. Some of those have been for Mother's Day, Teach of the Year, Graduation, Father's Day, Businesses, Birthday's, Just Because, and Christmas. They are a blast to make and even more fun to fill up with special goodies for the recipient. 


Purplish red is the Color of the Day. It is called, Fuchsia. Do you have anything in this color? If so, tell me what it is. 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations

H2hsc2020


Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#Coloroftheday, #purplishred, #crafting, #papercrafting, #memories, #inspiration, #LoadedEnvelopes, #TreeToppers, #Scrapbooklayouts, #Scrapbookers, #handmadeenvelopes, #crafters, #homeschoolartprojects, #homeschoolmoms, #creativity, #art, #creativity

1 comment:

  1. I love fucshia, it's such a happy color. My GGranddaughter has a bear with a fucshia trimmed dress and the flower in her bow!

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...