Monday, June 1, 2020

day 1 - Color of the Day is Red

Good morning, good morning, good morning!!! 

Here we are starting a new month already, can you believe it? Where is the time going? It seems like yesterday I was laid up in the hospital (that was on March 1st) and now my daughter is already talking about Christmas 2020. My oh my - I am not ready for that just yet. 

I recently participated in several different challenges and completed all of them I might add. They included the Ultimate Blog Challenge, The A - Z Challenge, The Self-Love Challenge, and last, but not least - the Song Challenge.

In each one of these challenges, I had the opportunity of meeting new bloggers and I have also met a few distant relatives through blogging in them. I am excited about this new journey I have embarked on called "Blogging". I am still in the learning curve - but journaling comes rather easy for me as I have done it since my teenage years. 

Today, my friends at The Mommie's Review came up with this challenge for June as a school assignment for their son who homeschools. I was elated to be invited to participate. I love meeting a challenge head-on, so here we go. 

When I first heard about the Color Challenge, I immediately thought of that game I played as a small child, a teenager, and sometimes even as an adult when I have a house full of guests over. It was called, "I Spy with My Tiny Eye". Do you remember it? The Color Challenge is somewhat like that with regards to finding an item or items that are the daily color. But it doesn't stop there. We then take a photo and post it on Instagram. We can also blog on it if we desire. Sounds fun, doesn't it? 

I decided if I have time I will also blog on the item or items I post that represent the daily color prompt. 


Today's color is RED. With my love for the outdoors and nature's creations - my husband built this for me. 

A Red Birdhouse. It is trimmed in yellow, but most of it is red. Perfect for day 1 of the challenge. I am looking forward to seeing the little birds begin to make their home in there. We have some birdseed sitting on the top of it to lure them to it. I have seen a few Finches feeding there. 

If you look slightly to the left of the birdhouse, you will also find my Hummingbird Feeder. It is RED too


We have moved this feeder and moved this feeder to attract the Hummingbirds. At first, we had it located off our patio and we did see Hummingbirds zooming past it here and there. The local Bees found it too! 

There isn't much coverage for the Hummingbirds so we moved it out closer to the fence on the opposite of the yard hoping they would visit it. No such luck. Only more Bees! (There is a small church down from us and they have a Bee Colony set up in the back of the church. We have Bees daily flying around our patio. Somedays, they are a nuisance to say the least, but I know they are important to our environment, so I don't mind). I just hope no one gets stung in the process. 

In the new location, the Hummingbird feeder wasn't working well there. I began reading up on Hummingbirds (I had done that already before we even hung the feeder, but my husband wasn't up to speed on things) so I refreshed my memory and read that Hummingbirds like feeders in areas they can feel safe in. An area that has bushes, or vines, other things they can perch on without feeling threatened. Perfect, I knew just the place and it was the initial thought in my mind before we hung it, to begin with. In the Acorn tree by our neighbor's house to the North of us. On the fence between his house and ours is a grapevine. It winds and winds from the front of his house all the way to the back of our yard. There are also other types of bushes and flowers as well as the small branches coming from the ginormous tree. Perfect spot, right? Yes, once again - the Bees have found their source for feeding. There is not a day that goes by that each one of those outlets on the Hummingbird feeder is covered by Bees. I have not figured out how to 'not' attract the Bees and to attract the Hummingbirds. if anyone knows, please by all means do tell. I would love to read your thoughts and suggestions for bringing Hummingbirds to my feeder. 

The color of the day is Red.  As I am finishing up this post, I am looking around my crafting room and I see so many things in red. It is funny how when we start to focus on something, more things begin to appear. 

What do you see that is red? 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020 


Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#coloroftheday, #red, #cotd, #challenge, @themommiesreview

3 comments:

  1. Perfect for color red! I love watching our backyard birds fly from feeder to feeder. We have a red barn bird feeder! Gotta love the Hummers too!

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...