Tuesday, June 23, 2020

day 22 Color of the Day is Copper

I cannot get over how fast the days are going by these days. It is day 22 in the Color of the Day Challenge hosted by The Mommies Review/Glenda Cates. Today's prompt is Copper.

I knew exactly what I wanted to snap a photograph of when I saw this color. Dancing around in my mind was an image of my dad back in the day when he would pick up scrap things and break them down or destroy them looking for pieces to sell. 

If you recall, I had mentioned in a previous post of mine, that my dad was a hoarder and a Junker. That man would pick up anything anywhere if he thought he could get five cents from it! Not me. Well, that was until I became a crafter. Now when I see things sitting on the side of the curb, I want to stop and go through it looking for 'junk' that I can use in my crafting projects. The mind of a crafter! Especially if the crafter works with mixed media or altered art projects. We can never have too much junk!

Copper is on point today. Thinking about those memories of dad bringing all that junk home on that had made trailer he had, I remember dad driving down the driveway one day with the trailer loaded down with wire, tubes, and old water heaters. I thought my mom was going to go through the roof! I can hear her now..."Royce - what are you going to do with all of that junk"? Yes, there was never a dull moment around our house when dad went junking for treasures that would make him money.


When I told my husband, I needed to find a pipe or something that was copper - he opened the closet next to the back door. Waaalaaa, there is was - a Copper pipe on the water heater! I had not even thought about the water heater even after having that memory of dad's junking days dancing around in my mind. All I knew is I needed to find a copper pipe somewhere around the house! Thanks, Babe, you saved the Color of the Day! 




Copper is on point today. What do you have that's Copper? Drop me a comment below. 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020


Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#Coloroftheday, #cotd, #copper, #art, #mixedmedia, #alteredart, #junkers, #hoarders, #storytelling, #memoriesofdad, @themommiesreview

1 comment:

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...