Tuesday, June 23, 2020

day 23 Color of the Day is Teal

Teal is today's prompt in the Color of the Day Challenge hosted by The Mommies Review/Glenda Cates.

Teal is a combination of green and blue or is it blue and green? I suppose that depends on who you pose the question to. As a crafter when I think of Teal - I usually lean more towards the blue tones. But when I go shopping for Teal paper - -I find it is not easy to locate.


When my daughter got married in 2016, her colors were Teal, Purple, Burgundy, and Midnight Blue. The colors were beautiful together. The Reception Hall looked gorgeous with all these colors popping. This is how the tables were decorated. With pops of Teal, Blues, and Purples with the Cream in Vases. They were beautiful.  




Before the wedding, when she was getting all prettied up, we wore Flannel Shirts. They were in various colors coordinating with her color scheme of the wedding. Here is what ours looked like. I wore the Teal and she wore the Blue. 



TTeal is a very pretty color. My mom's wedding dress (her 2nd marriage) was Teal. 


When I went to visit my grandson today, he was even wearing a Teal Onesie...maybe he got the memo that today's Color of the Day was Teal! laughing out loud...


Teal is a pretty color. Looking around my craft room, I see pops of Teal all over the place. Several of my tubs have lids that are Teal. The cover of the last Glue Book I made has Teal all over it. As you can see - both items look blue, but they are really bluish/green. I made this Glue Book for the Self-Love Challenge I participated in. 


Earlier today (as I am finishing up this blog at 9:30 p.m.) my nephew had driven in from Amarillo, Texas for a doctor's appointment. He and his family had stopped by to drop off a few things that were my mom's that my sister had boxed up after mom died. When they left, I did not look in the two boxes immediately as I needed to go over and watch my grandson for a little bit while his mom worked. When I returned home, I sat on the couch and opened the two boxes. Inside of them were many different memories and things I had made mom throughout the years. Among them were these craft items (in Teal). 




As I continued to look through the box of memories, I found a card that I had sent my mom several years ago. It was Teal...


Looking even further, I found many of mom's coloring pages she had colored over the last few years. Funny thing is none of us knew she colored until about 3 years ago. As I looked through the different pages, I found this one...


I found many beautiful things today in Teal. These memories are priceless to me and I will treasure them forever. As you can imagine, the tears began to flow down my face as I looked through both boxes. I laughed at a few things, cried on many others as I held them close to my heart. Mom is here safely with me now...I have her sitting on the Hutch that I inherited from her many, many years ago. In just a few days, it will be four months since she left this earth. There are days I want to reach for the phone just to say hi and realize I cannot. I now have all these precious memories that I will treasure until I take my last breath. In the meantime, I am going to put many of these memories into a shadow box so my children and grandchildren will know who their Gammy was. The rest of the memories will find their way into Journals or Scrapbooks. 

In memory of Mom...


Now that I have shared several different items in Teal, what do you have in the color? Have you ever crafted anything in Teal? Do you have clothes in this color? 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#Coloroftheday, #cotd, #memoriesofmom, #papercrafting, #mixedmedia, #Love, #grief, #happymemories, #family, #lovedones, #teal, @themommiesreview, #crafting, #precioustreasures, #wedding, #storytelling, #alteredart, #art, #crafting, #life, #challenge





1 comment:

  1. One of the best things about this color challenge is finding memories along with colors.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...