Friday, June 5, 2020

Day 5 The Color of the Day is Yellow

It is day five in the Color the Day Challenge I am participating in. It is being hosted by The Mommies Review. Today's color is YELLOW

Have you ever wondered what the significance is of the different colors? I have from time to time. When I looked up the word yellow this morning, I read that yellow is the most luminous of all the colors in the spectrum. It is the color that captures our attention more than any other. 

Now that I have read that, I am asking myself if this is true for me or not? I continued to read that yellow is the color of happiness and optimism, of enlightenment and creativity, sunshine, and spring. Now I am really scratching my head. I for one do not associate happiness with yellow. Creativity? I have not made many things in yellow in my crafts. In fact, I do not have much yellow at all in any of my crafting stashes. 

Spring and sunshine, I get - as when the sun is shining, it is radiant. Beaming down rays of warmth and sunshine. In the spring, the flowers begin to bloom along with receiving the sun's rays. Yellow

There are songs written about yellow, can you name any of them? Let me jar your memory...

"Yellow" by Coldplay. "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" by Elton John. "Yellow Submarine" by the Beatles. "Itsy Bitsy Teeny-Weeny Yellow Polka dot Bikini" by Brian Hyland. "Yellow Boxes" by Tyler Ward. "Yellow Roses" by Dolly Parton. "Yellow Brick Road" by Angus and Julia Stone. "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Around the Ole Oak Tree" by Dawn (featuring Tony Orlando). "The Yellow Rose of Texas" by Johnny Lee (featuring Lane Brody). 

How many of these songs did you recognize? There are many more songs with yellow in them, but these were some of the ones I am familiar with. 


Today for my yellow, I chose this image of a vase that was given to us awhile back. 





Yellow is all over this vase. It is beautiful. I am not sure what type of vase this is a called. I suppose it might be a type of Ginger Jar. It is quite large. I have it sitting on my hutch near all my plants. All I know is I think it is gorgeous and it is yellow! 

What do you have that is yellow? 




Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#coloroftheday, #cotd, #challenge, #yellow, #sunshine, #creativity, #inspiration, @themommiesreview

2 comments:

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...