Friday, June 12, 2020

Day 12 Color of the Day is CREAM


Today's Color of the Day is CREAM. No, this is not the cream one would put in their coffee. One could find this color in a box of crayons, on a wedding dress, or possibly on the walls in a house or building. 

  
As a crafter, I have Lace that is cream-colored. I have cream-colored ribbon, paper, embellishments, and flowers. The cream color is much different than white. I like dying papers with tea - the look of them is a light cream to a light tan color. Much different than coffee dying papers. I use these types of dyed papers in my Junk Journals. 
  




A few years back, we were visiting with some friends who live in Rhome, Texas. The land that has been around for many years. There is a house still standing and in working condition that is over 100 years old. It is a rock house. While we were walking around the area looking at all of the old buildings that still stand, (the chicken coop, a hired hands building, the livery stable, and the water well area) that is down near a river of some kind (it runs into the Trinity River in Ft. Worth), something on the ground caught my eye. As I moved the dirt and grass that had grown up around this gem, I uncovered this beauty. 


 As you see, it has gotten rusty from being in the elements, but I washed it off and now it sets in the window seal of my kitchen. I do not know what it was to or anything like that, but the thought of it being found at this homestead that is over 100 years old was priceless!!!

Cream is the Color of the Day. Staying on the timber area for a moment. My husband is from Illinois. I remember when we first got married in 2000, we used to go walking through the timber near Sanchris Lake in Christian County. It was a beautiful area and not far from where we lived in Taylorville. 

I will never forget the memories of my two older kids who had come up for Spring break and to celebrate Hannah’s fifth birthday party. We were walking through the timber looking for Morel Mushrooms and my oldest daughter found a deer shed and  she was ecstatic. She was 14 at the time and had not experienced anything like this before living in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. She thought she had won the Million-dollar Lottery! Her reaction was priceless. Ever since that day, I love walking on nature trails and timber areas looking for sheds, other types of gems, wildflowers, and such that otherwise would not be seen daily in my world. 


My husband and his brother in law have found many sheds during their hunting adventures. I was lucky enough to have received many of these amazing finds from my brother in law a few years back on one of our trips back to Illinois. If you were to visit me at our home, you would see deer antlers throughout the house. Ever since then, our Christmas Tree has had the rustic look decorated in Deer Antlers.  



Yes, I have cream throughout my home. I find it to be soft and warm as well as inviting. I feel comfortable with the color cream. 




 How about you? What do you have that is cream-colored? 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020


Facebook: H2hsc2020

Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#Coloroftheday, #cotd, #challenge, #cream, #inspiration, #papercrafting, #crafting, #dyingpaper, #storytellling, #life, #memories, #familymemories, @themommiesreview



2 comments:

  1. I have zcream on the walls in my home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure the majority does. LOL If I had my druthers, I would have an accent wall in every room of the house!

      Delete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...