Sunday, May 31, 2020

About Me & Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)

I began playing the violin in the 4th grade. By the time I hit 6th grade I was playing at Collegiate level. I would practice for hours on end while sitting on our front porch. Neighbors would come out and enjoy the concert each afternoon as I practiced memorizing each note, each measure along with the crescendos and scales. My Herrmann Violin and I were like a hand in a glove. We were one in unison each time I picked up my bow and violin to play. This talent was God-given as no one else in my family (that I knew of were musically inclined).

That was until I began my journey of walking with the ancestors. I quickly learned through Ancestry and building my family tree that many of my cousins (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and beyond as well as great grandparents were musically inclined). I had inherited some of the same talents as my ancestors.


Me, playing at a Wedding

I played the violin up until my early 30's. Notice I said, 'violin'...I would become very offended when my brother would call it a 'fiddle' as I did NOT play a fiddle, I played the violin. My love for music came from the love of the violin. To this day, when I am crafting, walking with the ancestors, or blogging - music can be heard in the background.

When I was a teenager, I began clipping words, phrases, and pictures out of newspapers and magazines. That was how I crafted back then! I have always loved art - was never good at painting, drawing, or much anything else until a very dark time in my life...

In 2005, I went through a very traumatic ordeal in life that created a great deal of mental, emotional, and physical pain and anguish. This ordeal changed me inwardly and outwardly. I was lost. I did not even know who I was anymore. I was in the darkest place of my life that I had ever been to. It was an abyss.
I had seen some mosaic crosses made from broken tiles and I thought to myself, “wouldn’t that feel good to be able to break something and “not” be looked at a certain way”. So, I acquired some ceramic tiles, grout, paint, and some boards and I went to breaking...before I knew it, I had created something beautiful from my heart and soul that had hidden meanings in them. After all, I was not trying to make anything special, I was just piddling around in order to get my mind off my situation, so that possibly - I could break the cycle of pain and despair I was feeling. When my husband hung up one of the boards - I stared at it and suddenly the word, “HOPE” jumped off of it and I started yelling, “do you see that?” The word, HOPE is on the board...in that very moment, I knew - my God had not forsaken me during this dark time, and He was so ever near to me. A few days later, 3 more boards came to life...FAITH, LOVE, and DREAM. Then I started making mosaic crosses. This became enjoyable for me. I put the newspapers and magazines away because I just experienced a new form of art - Altered Art/Mixed Media, whatever you wanted to call it back then. To me, it was just art!

When I started crafting many, many years ago - it was from a place of pain. Both mental and emotional...I used crafting to cope with the pain I felt internally.

When I craft today, I create from my heart and soul - whether it is happy, dark times, sad times, or full of joy and laughter...thus - Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020) came into existence. I create scrapbook layouts, tags, cards, mixed media, altered art, pocket letters, loaded envelopes, or junk journals of any theme imaginable - I craft for enjoyment. I craft from my heart and soul - I give life to something as simple as a paperclip.

H2hsc2020 was founded on the Word of God. He IS the reason I live and breathe today. I learned a long time ago, the true meaning of forgiveness. I learned resilience through abandonment. I learned how to survive when others said I would not. It was ALL because of God’s grace, forgiveness, protection, guidance, comfort, and loving me just the way I am. I will not apologize for my faith and when I craft for others, I speak blessings into everything I create for them...from my heart and soul to theirs.


Today, H2hsc2020 has many more meanings than just crafting. I enjoy walking with my ancestors by way of Genealogy. I guess you could call me, the family Genealogist! LOL - I enjoy visiting cemeteries, taking photographs of the headstones, learning of the history, and meeting new family I never knew I had by way of DNA. I love perusing the photos of yesterday in hopes of possibly finding a family member who I have yet to see.

Through crafting and genealogy, I decided to begin a blog to share my interests with others of my passion through these wonderful outlets. I live today from a place of resilience because of my life experiences...my motto is, “if I can instill hope to another human being who might be mentally/emotionally hurting - living in a dark place internally, feels they are unlovable, dealing with depression, going through a traumatic experience, thinking life isn’t worth living anymore - then I’ve done what I’m supposed to do. After all, I am the evidence that things do turn around for people - -BUT we must put the work into it. We can’t expect a different result by doing the same routine...we MUST shake it up and flip that switch called life”!

I was born and raised in Amarillo, Texas - relocated to the Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas area in 1993. I am a mother of three beautiful children, and I have three very handsome grandsons. The youngest one will call me Nonnie.

My current husband and I have been married for almost twenty-two years. He has taken my youngest daughter under his wing and loved her as his own. He came into the picture when she was four years old.

I worked in the Mental Health Field for almost 10 years before becoming physically disabled that took me out of the working environment. I enjoyed what I did and that is one of the reasons why HOPE is important to me. When I could not hold my own hope, someone else did. That is one of the ways I survived this journey called, life.

I enjoy reading your comments. You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and, Pinterest.

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020 


Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...