Friday, May 1, 2020

5 Things That Make Me Happy

It is May 1st in the Self Love Challenge hosted by Pinkmama's Place/Pam Allen. The daily prompt was, List 5 things that make You happy - 
I chose the following five things not in any particular order: 
Family
Crafting
Genealogy
Friends
Road Trips
FAMILY - When I think about family, I think about my parents, siblings, my children, and my husband. Each one of them is as important to me as the other. At times though, I don't 'like' my family but I never stop loving them.

CRAFTING - One of my favorite past times. I suppose you could call it a hobby. I like crafting tags, loaded envelopes, scrapbook layouts, junk journals, glue books, mixed media, and altered art to name a few. I don't like crafting cards in any way shape or form. At one time, my family thought I could open a small store with all of my crafting supplies. Funny thing is, I can't remember the last time I paid full price for something craft related. Currently, when I craft, I try to use the supplies that I on hand. Unless of course, it is for a specific project that needs specific things for instance like Mother's Day. 

GENEALOGY - Genealogy is another one of my favorite past times. I enjoy very much learning about my family history by way of genealogy. I  have an extensive family tree online. I also have many documents and photos that I have gathered along the way. Currently, I am in the process of setting up binders for each set of grandparents and their families. Researching and gathering information about my family is very interesting to me. I love finding the family stories, seeing the family photos, and capturing the essence of my family by way of genealogy. I also enjoy walking through cemeteries and seeing the headstones of yesterday. They all have a story...

FRIENDS - Friends are very valuable. Many times, my friends are the ones who have carried me through difficult times. I enjoy hanging out with friends. Laughing, talking, and just being in one another's presence. My friends all have a special place in my heart. 

ROAD TRIPS - oh yea, spontaneous or on the fly...I love road trips any day of the week. I don't necessarily have to have a destination in mind. Just give me a tank of gas, my car keys, and let me drive. The music is cranked and I'm in the zone. I am looking forward to the next road trip I take. Destination unknown...

Until next time, 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020









#selflovechallenge, #5thingsthatmakemehappy, #storytelling, #life, #HOPE, #inspiration,
#pinkmamasplace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...