Thursday, May 28, 2020

Throwback Thursday - Memories

1st Gordy Family Reunion, August 1951
Great Aunts and their spouses




















These photos are from the First Gordy Family Reunion held in August 1951. The Gordy name is my mom's paternal lines. She was a Gordy. I wasn't even thought of during this family gathering. Pictured here though are some of my great Aunts and other family members.

There have been several different spellings of the name. Some of those spellings include Gardee, Gardey, Gordey, and Gordon.

I have my family tree built back to the early 1500s  on the Gordy lines when the name was Gordon. Through the years, it evolved to what it is today.

My Gordon's were in Scotland. The Gordy lines didn't show up in America until the son of Robert Gordon and Catherine Menzies (Adrian) traveled from Scotland to Maryland in 1675. It was through Adrian's name and descendants where the Gordon name changed to Gordy.

Richard Munroe Gordy Family - my mom's family

Through the course of time, the spelling of the name continues to change. I suppose people want to be different. Whatever the case may be, Gordy is my lineage and I am sticking to it!

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#ThrowbackThursday, #TBT, #memories, #familytree, #family, #Ancestry, #MyHeritge, #FamilyTreeDNA, #familyreunions, #1951, #Gordy, #grandparents

1 comment:

  1. I love coming across old photos,brings back so many memories.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...