Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Day 25 - A Song By An Artist Who Is No Longer With Us



Day 25 - Wait a minute...don't pass me by. May is soon to be coming to an end and that means the Song Challenge hosted by The Mommies Review/Glenda Cates will soon come to an end. 
The daily prompt for day 25 was, name a song by an artist no longer with us. That's an easy one for me as I'm thinking about all of the songs this artist sang and the story of her life's struggles makes my heart sad. 

Karen Anne Carpenter and her brother were one of my all-time favorite singers. You may know them by The Carpenters

Carpenter was born in New Haven, Connecticut, and moved to Downey, California with her family in 1963. She was an American singer and a drummer. She was praised for her 3-octave contralto vocal range. Her drumming abilities were viewed positively by other musicians and critics. Her struggles with eating disorders would later raise awareness of anorexia and body dysmorphia. She died at age 32 from heart failure as a result of her eating disorder. (Wikipedia)

I would sit and listen to their music for hours on end and if I have the opportunity today, I still listen to it. 

The song that came to mind when I started writing this post was "Please Mr. Postman". 


Oh yes, wait a minute
Mr. Postman
(Wait)
Wait Mr. Postman
Oh yeah
(If there's a letter in your bag for me)
Please, please, Mr. Postman
(Why's it takin' such a long time)
Oh yeah
(For me to hear from that boy of mine)
The song talks about 'waiting for a letter from her boyfriend'.  As I think about my own personal journey of waiting to hear from special people in my life day in and day out those days never seem to come around. 
CREDIT: YouTube and The Carpenters

Mister Postman
(Mister Postman look and see)
Oh yeah
(If there's a letter in your bag for me)
Please, please, Mr. Postman
(Why's it takin' such a long time)
Why don't you check it and see one more time for me
You gotta wait a minute, wait a minute
Wait a minute, wait a minute Mr. Postman
Ooh Mr. Postman
(Mr. Postman look and see)
C'mon deliver the letter, the sooner, the better
Mr. Postman
I can relate to the words in this song a great deal...oftentimes, I wonder if the Postman missed leaving something in my mailbox. It seems all I ever get are bills! LOL -- 
I would like a card, a letter, or even a call from those special people in my life - but they never seem to come my way. 
Maybe I'll listen to The Carpenter's song, "Rainy Days and Monday" after all it has been raining now for a few days...
Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020
Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)

#SongChallenge, #music, #TheCarpenters, #Inspiration, #EatingDisorder, #life, #HOPE, #healing, #PleaseMrPostman @themommiesreview




2 comments:

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...