Friday, May 1, 2020

Day 1 - Song of the Day with a Color Challenge

Day 1 - Song of the Day with a Color  

For the month of May, I have chosen to be a part of another challenge. This month we are going to have specific things we have to write about each day. Today's challenge is a "Song that has a color in it". 

I chose...
Over the Rainbow
by Judy Garland

As a little girl and if I had to be honest, even as an adult - I have watched The Wizard of Oz more times than my ten fingers and ten toes. Each time I watch it, I pick up something new out of the scenery. The songs are no different. 

Over the Rainbow is one of those songs. I stop whatever I am doing when that song comes on the radio and I listen to it with great intent. Humming or singing along with each word until the song comes to an end. 

Let us reminisce for a moment, shall we? 


Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
There is a land I heard of once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow, Skies are blue, 
and the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true...


Do you remember the song? Are you humming it now in your head? It amazes me when I see a rainbow today the thoughts that dance across my mind. Is there really a pot of gold at the base of it? Do I see each of the colors represented in the rainbow? It is funny how these things stick in our minds from such a young age. I was in Kindergarten probably when I started hearing about rainbows. I probably even started drawing them then, too. 

That has been 50 plus years ago...and the memories are still very vivid. 

Someday I will wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops, that is where you will find me


Wishing on a star...that is what we are supposed to do when we see a 'falling star'. Again, another one of those things learned as a small child, and the memory of it remains. If troubles could and would melt away like lemon drops - - life would be awesome. But they do not...we learn from those moments. Surely there is a lesson to be learned in each one of them, right? The troubles that is...lessons to be learned. 

Let us continue...

Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow, why then, oh why can't I? 
If happy little blue birds fly beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I? 


I do not ever recall seeing birds flying over the rainbow when I a rainbow in the sky. I have blue birds in my back yard. They are called Blue jays. I wonder if Judy Garland is referring to Blue jays as blue birds in her song. 

Thinking about this last lyric, I wonder why she wants to fly over the rainbow? I recall many times in life where I have wanted to snap my fingers and be elsewhere or better yet, just bury my head in the sand so I didn't have to deal with the dilemma I was facing. Could there be a correlation to her question of wanting to fly over the rainbow? Did she just want to be able to fly or was there more to it? 

In life, storms will come that knock us off our feet - it is in those moments where we find our strength, our resilience, and our courage to dig deep and ride the storm out. Today, each of us are in a storm with the Coronavirus pandemic. All walks of life, dealing with the very same pandemic. Many people are holding on to their faith, while some may have lost theirs. Many are cherishing loved ones, while many have lost theirs. Many are learning how to be resilient with what they have while many are losing their lifelong dreams. Many are going back to square one implementing days of old and realizing they can survive with very little while there are others in our world who are in a full-blown panic and wondering how they will ever bounce back or better yet, survive. We are all going through the same things right now...we are all feeling the emotions in one way or the other. 

Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly...

Rainbows give me peace that there is a calm after the storm. I take comfort in knowing the storms of life will cease one day and everything will be okay. I am not sure things will ever go back the way they once were, but I take comfort in knowing that I/we have survived...

What would your song of the day be? Remember, it has to have a color in it...

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020




Twitter - @h2hsc2020
Instagram - @h2hsc2020
Pinterest - h2hsc2020 or Heart to Heart Soul Creations 


#Songoftheday, #challenge, #inspiration, #memories, #OvertheRainbow



1 comment:

  1. What a cool challenge and yes I remember Over the Rainbow. I'll be singing it all day now. LOL I have I have a color song.... The Yellow Rose of Texas! I'm not from Texas but whenever I see our beautiful yellow roses that song pops in my head!

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...